the ask crzy thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is it that sometimes when I pass gas my dog wags his tail and slides a little closer to me on the couch, yet other times he looks at me like I just insulted his mother and slinks off to another room?

Dog is Man's best friend, therefore they will put up with your crap

Last edited by a moderator:
beccause some days you smell good, and others you don't remember dogs have a keen sense of smell ha

build your own pack, its what i did. i used full sized AA's not the halfs and are 2300 mah which was the best back in the day. solder them up in a series and heat shrink them cost ya 10 bucks at the most to make 2 packs or so because most batterys come in bulk buys on ebay

i use my mrc superbrain, any charger where oyu cna pick voltage going into the pack will be sufficient, charge it at around .5 or so for ormal charging or upt o 1 or so if you need it done quick

it's just a different configuration, so the full sized rechargeable AA's can fit 5...the "bar" is the 5th AA battery, but it's ran thru the center of the battery/servo box, where the reverse servo would be installed...

Where can I get this mount for the exhuast to hold it up. Its the lil thing in the bottom right. Kinda looks like a grease fitting.

Picture002.jpg

part number 86173a.
it comes with a HPI speed tuned pipe.
I just tried the HPI part finder but I got no results, I think it only comes with a pipe.
give your LHS a call, they probably can deliver you a single spring without the complete exhaust.

I am having trouble with my 1-way on my savage. It is slipping and will not grab the output shaft. I took the motor our and checked for cracks, could not find any, cleaned it and the output shaft which worked for a little while. I had trouble starting it and flooded the engine, after cleaning, and now the darn thing is slipping again.. Why is there so much leaking on the output shaft and how to I prevent it. I hate not being able to start the truck.

Very Frustrating

I am having trouble with my 1-way on my savage. It is slipping and will not grab the output shaft. I took the motor our and checked for cracks, could not find any, cleaned it and the output shaft which worked for a little while. I had trouble starting it and flooded the engine, after cleaning, and now the darn thing is slipping again.. Why is there so much leaking on the output shaft and how to I prevent it. I hate not being able to start the truck.

Very Frustrating

part number 86173a.
it comes with a HPI speed tuned pipe.
I just tried the HPI part finder but I got no results, I think it only comes with a pipe.
give your LHS a call, they probably can deliver you a single spring without the complete exhaust.

Deos that include the mount that goes on the frame?

I gues I do not understand your question. I did not check the mount that goes on the frame. I only looked at the 1-way (rotostart) housing and the backplate of the motor.

wich way do the treds on the tyers go?
1, < 2, >

thanks 4x4

dunno if it makes a difference...I put mine the way they are on the picture on the box the truck came in, which, when looking at the truck from the top, has the chevron/arrows pointing towards the front of the truck...

wow...i think i just won the "most prepositions used in a single run-on sentence" award :motorcycle:

hmm havnt been keeping up on this sorry guys been busy, but if ypou hav a question i didnt answer just repost it :D

I'm a newb to the forum and pretty inexperienced when it comes to gas rc cars. My problem is that i left my savage in the basement for about 7 months and while i wasn't using it, (becuase its impossible where i live; no bashing areas) i upgraded it alot. Well, in addition to that i took apart the engine and not really knowing what i was doing, i think I f'd the needle settings up. I tried usind the engine manual to reset the needle settings, but the low speed needle seems to turn forever (inward)?!? When i tried to start it after playing with them for a while. The engine will turn over, rev really high for about 10 seconds, increasing the rpms with every second, then stop... to me that kind of sounds like it is starved for fuel and maybe the fuel pressure is null.. though i can pump it up and when the engine would stop there were no bubbles in the line... So my question is, what is the best/easiest way to get the needle settings back to factory without any prior knowledge of where they are set at the moment? Also, one time when i was starting it, i tried to give it some gas and it didnt move. I have read about slipping of the spur gear and such, do you think that is my problem as well? Sorry for the long / stream of consiousness post.

Thanks.

what engine are we talking about? it would help a lot.. once you tell me i can help you out depending if its a 2 needle carb or 3

if its 2 needle make sure the slide is closed all the way and stays closed, the needle wont get tight just firm up some

if its 3 needle make sure the other needle (msn) isnt moving! watcj it once it starts to move iwth the slide closed fully while tightening ur lsn you know ur lsn is bottomed out

oh sorry, its the stock .21 savage engine. 3 needles, High, low and midrange. So the midrange needle will actually start to move when the LSN is bottomed out (all the way in) ? When you say slide do you mean the part that goes in and out of the carb with more or less throttle? When it is bottomed out, thats where i start the 3 or so turns from that position (closed)?

yes first line up the msn, that goes flush with the carb body. then go to closed throttle and set the lsn, watch the msn for when u are bottomed out. then set the hsn

I'm got accepted to a couple colleges but no still in highschool

Latest posts

Members online

Back