the ask crzy thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crzy-svg-usr

Sir-Smokes-Alot
aright so if you just have a vague question about rc or anything in general just ask, I'm sure ill have the answer for you since i will be online pretty much 24/7 now so you can expect a speedy answer :duel:

ok...i got one...

I bought a Hot Bodies .46 truckzilla engine that needs a few parts...one of them being the one-way bearing...

today I went out to bash my Sav 25, and, from all indications, my one-way bearing went out in it...roto just spins and spins, and the motor doesn't...

I bought a new one-way at my LHS, and was wondering if it would work on my .46 as well? it slid onto the shaft nicely, but is there anything else to consider? it seems to function just fine on it (haven't actually used it to try starting it, as the .46 needs other parts as well)...turns freely one way, and grips when turned the other way...

your thoughts?

as long as it utalizes the same rotostart mechanism as the .25 engines with the same hex opening then in theory it should work. if the shaft also is the same size the bearing will work. the best way to check is to grab a mic and see if the output shaft ont he truckzilla and the .25 are the same, but since it is a hong nor engine or one of those manufacturers that makes most of the .21 .25 ect engines for ofna, hot boddies and hpi i bet you it will work just fine

Should there be grease in the roto start gears (inside the case) on the back of the savage x's engine?

no leave it dry or else it will get onto the output shaft and the one way will slip on you

how do you make the neighbors dog disapear? What if my savage truck has a flat?

lol well for the dog find the most high power rifle you can, and when the neighboghbor lets it outside make sure you lure it away from the yard so the neighbor chases it, preferably the whole family. then when they are within blood splatter ranger fire away with a 50 cal sniper and let the little kids get sprayed with blood

now for the savage flat, id say put some new foams in it ha

if it isnt a hardened clutch bell then abouta tank or 2 at the most and then it will be stripped

like this bell did? sry forgot to resize the pic
bamabash070aa7.jpg

would a hardened bellhousing last longer and if so do you no were i can get one from?
thanks 4x4

Ok, crzy-svg-usr............here's one.

Why would it take almost 5 minutes (and thats no lie, almost non stop aswell) with the roto start to get my .25 to start? Once its running its a beast..but I have battery packs going dead on me within a hour fighting to get it started....

make sure you prime the engine fully first of all. also if it is cold in your area it wil help greatly to pre heat the engine to make it start faster. also if you are not using a good glow plug ignitor i would advise you to buy one, don't use those cheap ones where you can replace the d cell battery in it. get a good one wiht a high mah and i like the ones with a meter on top for best results. also check your plug to see if it is still burning strong, an old burnt out plug will cause starting problems also

and robinson makes hardend steel clutch bells that work the best, not sure if you can buy them seperate form their spur gears tho, search ebay

where can I find an exploded view of the nitro star s-25? the manual has a detailed parts list, but no visual reference to match the part numbers with...

no, i have that one...i need one that shows ALL the pieces...the one that matches the manual on page E-12 :)

i don't understand what you are asking, its been a long time since i looked at the manual, a good 5 years actually so I'm not sure what you are asking for, that is an exploded veiw of the nitro star engine with part numbers, do you need the list of what each number is?

my bad...i'm a retard...i didn't notice i could scroll accross the page...the last diagram is the one i needed...thanks crzy...the manual has all those parts listed, complete with part numbers, but no diagram to match the numbers to the physical parts...so newbs like myself have to guess (i had guessed correctly actually) what the part they need to replace is called...

got a follow-up for you...LOL who would carry/where would i order part number 1433 (starting pin and pressure spring)?

disregard my retardedness yet again *sigh* the very last part of the manual (after the other language versions) is the rest of the diagram you just posted...

i, of course, stopped reading after it changed to a language i couldn't understand...

thanks again for your help, and patience with me :D and if you have an answer for my follow-up question, that would be kewl...

hmm i might have one ill have ot check, but when i bought mine i just got my lhs to order it, one from a 21bb engine will also work and many variations of force engines costs like 5 bucks

Crzy...thanks for the reply............but....(you knew that was coming right)....its well over 30 degrees celcius here. Defnitely not cold. Glow starter is 4500 mah, and glow plug is still good. No leaks in engine or fuel lines......lhs said that the engine was still 'ok' but would need new sleeve and piston 'sometime'. Is that possibly the problem? Not enough compression which = not enough pressue from the exhaust to the gas tank to allow for fuel to get to the carb???? I'm really at a loss here and this is VERY fustrating. I do not want to go and get the engine overhauled at I don't know what cost if it is not required. I'm just bashing the 25LE so don't want to spend too much $$ for nada.

aright take the engine apart and might as well flush it and clean it while youre at it, but before oyu do this once you take off the flywheel check the front bearing for leakage if there is non thats good. take apart the hwole engine clean every part with da and lube it up with some oil. now while the pistona nd sleeve are out slide the piston into the sleeve, see how far up it can go, if it goes up and all the way through the top you prolly should rebuild the engine or buy a new one. if it is fine and does not go all the way up thats good put the engine back together wiht plenty of lube

tyr to prime it by pulling the exhuast pressure line form the pipe and blowing fuel into the carb, once you see the fuel reach the carb blow for another second or 2, you can hear the fuel dumping into the engine, hell keep blowing worst case scenario is oyu flood it and pop the plug out and turn the engine ove ra couple time untill you figure out how long to blow. this is the way i do it helps to keep engine life up by not dry turning it to prime the engine.

yes or else people will hear the gunshot and run to the scene before you can tidy up

nexy question

another one, these are more or less jokes but, if a man drank a quart of buttermilk and walked a mile before he farted, how far would he have to walk before he crapped hisself???

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back