Temp problem or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwatKat

When should I measure the temp? When driving around or after some WOTs? 'cause I noticed that when driving around the temp is between 210-220F and after some 4-5 WOT runs the temp goes up to 260F.

I did the spitting test and the "pinch the fuel line" test and it is OK, but, again, only when cruising...

And if I let the motor on idle for some seconds, it gets loaded with fuel and mostly stalls.

LSN is almost flush, and when WOT, I get a trail of smoke.

I uusally check temps periodically while I am running. If you are getting a good trail of smoke then it should be fine. If it is almost stalling while idle it may be a bit rich.

Lean out the LSN a bit 1 hour at a time till it doesn't load up and you are seeing good smoke and the temps drop a degree every few seconds when idleing.

The 260 number after a few WOT passes is to be expected but it should drop back down under idle or low rpm.

So I shouldn't worry if after some WOT runs the temps spike to 260F?

no to be honest 260 isnt a bad temp and every motor seems to have a different "personality" so to speak,i've heard from members were there engine ran best at 300 but this as a rule is a bad idea hpi recommends no more then 250, so 260 should be ok,mine runs between 240-260..

Members online

Back