Stupid question #1 (at least)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaos-in-Mt

HI all,
Noob here.
I have a new to me XL. I finally had it running great (well almost steering?).
So I have a friend over to try my new track out and She (yes I said she meaning the truck) barley turns over and did not start.I.E. starter turns over but mooter not so much.
So I tore it apart and can find nothing obviously wrong.
I tried to turn over the motor with the motor shaft with pliers and can with no slippage.
Do you think the toque from the starter is overcoming the hold on the shaft by the "pull start shaft holder"?
Is this common?
If so do I need to replace the shaft also?
Is this a spare part I need to have on hand?
Thanks in advance to anyone willing to share and put up with a noob.

Chaos

Check the obvious stuff like the glow plug. Maybe reset the carb to stock or try loosening the glow plug a bit and turn it over.

Check out part number 15295, I think it's like built into the backplate or something weird like that

thats the one... i had it go on mine awile back you can spray it down with some brake clean and it will run for a little longer... i had to replace mine cuz i snapped the pin off.

The pin is on the crank side on mine. It is also lose so I can pull it out of the crank ??
I'm thinking that pin was supposed to be connected to PN#15294 and now has come lose and was left in the crank when I removed it.
I.E. is might slip under load (original problem)and also the pin has come lose.

Chaos

PS thanks guys

The pin is on the crank side on mine. It is also lose so I can pull it out of the crank ??
I'm thinking that pin was supposed to be connected to PN#15294 and now has come lose and was left in the crank when I removed it.
I.E. is might slip under load (original problem)and also the pin has come lose.

Chaos

PS thanks guys

thats the problem then that pin should be on part # 15294 you will need a new one .. that happend to me not to long ago

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back