Steering Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just ran a tank tonight with the steering bearing upgrade and a Hitec 645 steering servo and wow what a diffrence it turns so much quicker i like it alot this was a great upgrade. Thanks again for everyones help

just ran a tank tonight with the steering bearing upgrade and a Hitec 645 steering servo and wow what a diffrence it turns so much quicker i like it alot this was a great upgrade. Thanks again for everyones help

No problem, Lex thats what this place is all about helping each other out..:resp::resp:

i just replaced mine tonight too. it took me about 3 hours mostly because i switched out my steering servo to a 7955TG and couldn't get the horn positioned quite right, i had to improvise a bit, but i think it came out pretty good. i also made a few newb errors, like mounting the servosaver and posts to the bottom of the battery box to reassemble only to find out that the whole sh'bang was too wide to fit back down into the frame, take it apart then remount the posts from the bottom and mount the battery box down on top of them.. simple mistakes that you wanna kick yourself in the arse for, but it's how you learn i guess.

argh.. also that servo came with a nice aluminum horn, and i needed to bore out one of the link holes in it a bit so i set it in my vise tightened it down just a weeeeee bit... just enough to hold it straight to drill.. bored out the hole, pretapped threads.. perfect... then went to mount it on my servo, only it wouldn't fit... i forgot just how soft aluminum was and when i held it in the vise to bore out the hole it was just enough to barely tweak it out of round so it wouldn't set on the servo anymore. it's a shame that was a damn fine horn too.

probably a dumb question but my savage 3.5 wouldnt have the bearing fitted standard would it? other wise this bearing upgrade would be worth doing i think!

this does not come standard on any savages and i think it is worth it but i would get the bearings from SMF for 4 bucks you cant go wrong

Members online

Back