stalls once throttle is pulled

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreCoul

I'm sure this has been talked about before but I'm haveing trouble with stalling when try to give it throttle would it have anything to do with the spring that goes from the carb to the servo are deally

if it is new try leaning it out a bit. as engines break in they are in need of tuning for the first few tanks.

What do you mean the spring? Do you mean the throttle return spring that goes from one side of the carb slide to the other to assist in closing the cab off throttle? That shouldn't have anything to do with is, but if it is binding it could. There could be many causes for this from drivetrain binding to the motor being way to lean. If it was to rich it probably wouldn't be running before you hit the throttle.

"If it was to rich it probably wouldn't be running before you hit the throttle."

maybe rich, running on idle and oppen up the carb a little more floods the motor. happened on my savage when it was just finishing break-in

well i don't think it was lean i only turned it maybe a 1/4 lean from breakin but i did noticed that the servo doesn't open the carb smoothly. thinking the spring may fix it
also put on a axial fuel filter

sounds to me like its just running a bit rich too. I don't think a spring or any of the linkage would cause it to die as you give it throttle. Sounds like its just loading up with too much fuel from being rich.

well i don't think it was lean i only turned it maybe a 1/4 lean from breakin but i did noticed that the servo doesn't open the carb smoothly. thinking the spring may fix it
also put on a axial fuel filter

well if you only turned it a quarter from stock settings then it is definetly rich, i would doubt its the spring, it really doesnt even make much sense how the spring would cause it to bog. you can tell very easily if the spring is catching though..

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back