Site went down and I got cutting...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bankrupter

So the site went down and left me with the options to climb the walls or talk to my wife. I went to lowes and bought dremil stuff... I hacked into the K4.6 HO
This is my first work ever and I noobed it up a bit but it should run fine.
I flow cut my sleeve, fixed the obstruction in the block that HPI or King star rather left, then cut my crank.

I colored in the crank cuts with sharpie because the shine kept over exposing in the pics obscuring the cuts.

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0019_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0020_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0029_edited-1.jpg

Back to back with a HPI .21 BB I used this to tell me how to cut.
DSC_0001-1-1.jpg

Be nice guys this was my first time like I said. Now i'm going to cut the sleeves Jeremy gave me for practice and go after my LRP. Leave any comments that can help me out.
I know I over cut the sleeve. One question I do have is how do you angle the fangs when the flow lines tell you the block edge is straight with the port?
Feel free to rib me too! :resp: Thanks for looking...

Last edited by a moderator:
when you cut the fangs try to match them with the block, some blocks call for an angled cut while others don't, very nice work matching the crank, Id rep you but can't.

when you cut the fangs try to match them with the block, some blocks call for an angled cut while others don't, very nice work matching the crank, Id rep you but can't.

Cool that's what I needed to know. The back fang angles with the block to the back edge of the top of the sleeve,but the front could not. Same with the front port both sides could not angle out. It does not have much pinch left in it. I planned on replacing it in less than a gall so it was time to play. New P/s is 50 bucks crank is 29. So I could make mistakes and not care so much. Thanks for he answer and I need to spread to rep you...

IDK, looks good from here...Of course all that matters is how she runs now!

Props for the steady hand and the bravery, I'll be waiting to hear how much more power you get out of yer ol' HO! :resp:

So the site went down and left me with the options to climb the walls or talk to my wife. I went to lowes and bought dremil stuff... I hacked into the K4.6 HO
This is my first work ever and I noobed it up a bit but it should run fine.
I flow cut my sleeve, fixed the obstruction in the block that HPI or King star rather left, then cut my crank.

I colored in the crank cuts with sharpie because the shine kept over exposing in the pics obscuring the cuts.

Back to back with a HPI .21 BB I used this to tell me how to cut.

Be nice guys this was my first time like I said. Now i'm going to cut the sleeves Jeremy gave me for practice and go after my LRP. Leave any comments that can help me out.
I know I over cut the sleeve. One question I do have is how do you angle the fangs when the flow lines tell you the block edge is straight with the port?
Feel free to rib me too! :resp: Thanks for looking...

lmao at your comment about the wife, but if she reads this your crank might be the only thing you get your hands on for a while ha ha!! and great porting from what i can see, everyones info and comments have helped me in deciding to practise porting on my 4.1 thats just sitting on my bench so thanks!!!

P.S... just a note to all members my comment wasnt meant rudely at all, what i was referring to was if his wife read that he might be in the dog house for a while and get no "lovin" thats what i meant lol i don't make a habit of being rude or obscene so if my comment was misunderstood i sincerly apologize AS I WASNT MEANING IT HOW PEOPLE TOOK IT!!!!!!!!!

HaHa. Nitroaddict & i are on the same page. see how much work you can get done on your crank if you don't involve your wife? hahahaha.
thanks for posting pics, planning on tackling this when the snow starts to fly

I will. As long as it does Ill be happy. I need orings for it. two of the old ones will give me air leaks and you all know my stand point on rtv on a mill... But I almost did it too. Some point this week....

I got a lil laugh out of this Dan but not appropriate for the site...

This is my Nova Rossi 528 sleeve cut by Jean Paul of JP Racing. Too nice not to share...
DSC_0006-2_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0005-1_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0004-1_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0002-1_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0001-1_edited-1-1.jpg

No glitzy polish just world renowned modders work as he left it.

that Rossi is so pretty

Bank your first sleeve looks like my first.... this is the only way to learn

the Rossi is a perfect example of what the cuts should look like

that Rossi is so pretty

Bank your first sleeve looks like my first.... this is the only way to learn

the Rossi is a perfect example of what the cuts should look like

Yea I should have taking it out B4 I cut instead of after lol...

bank do you have a link to the thread that tell about porting for the k4.6? I ported 2 traxxas mils back in the day and have all the equipment to do so. I would like to port my motor and just want to make sure I have step by step instructions.

that was on truggy racer . com

but it is for the HO not the k4.6 regular mill

Members online

Back