Should I get A mod or stay with stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyazoe

Hi Guys I have a couple of questions.
1. Should I get my K 4.6 Modded or should Get a stock lrp z .28 spec 3?
2. Have you guys seen or have had work done by http://www.powerhousercperformance.com/
3. The engine only has about gallon should I get the bearing replaced when I get the motor done.
I main use the truck for bashing but this year I am going to start to race my truck at a local track.

I have seen power house mills on YouTube looks done by a child to be honest. Also I would do a picco over a LRP. I have all modded a LRP, Novarossi528XRP, and a Picco being modded ATM, hope to have it back in a few weeks. I use ERCM (Extreme RC Mods) but would also go with AB mods. Wont touch the rest of the guys modding out there. don't do the K.. just not worth it dime for dollar.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Depends on how many gallons you have thru the K4.6. You will gain some, maybe match the power of the stock LRP with a modded K4.6. I as well would recomend the Picco over the LRP.

2. I have seen this powerhouse before but would rather recommend Extreme RC Mods who is linked in my signature and is a great member of the site. He is trust worthy and does above excellent work. You want to go with the Drag Mod.

3. Personally I would keep running the stock bearings for a few more gallons but I would ask the pro engine modder if you get it modded.

Thanks for the info. Which Picco would you guys recommend?

Picco .28 OR P3 .28 coin flip what one you get... Same mill Fixed carb/Venturi carb. P3 is discontinued

i have the older Wasp 26 ,ported&polished using an s25 carb and a dynamite pipe which still nails down wheelies!

i still wont buy a new engine to this day man. Point is....Go Picco and get away from the stocker

Id have to say no and no. The OS .30 is as reliable and probably easier to tune but will not outperform the Picco .28. The STS will fail before both and will not perform as well as either.

Thanks. I have an OS engine in an airplane and it is very good, easy to tune. Never have run a Picco, but have seen them in videos on utube. And never heard of STS until reading the forums.

My 2c

I ran a k4.6 on my old savage and for the new build I'm running a Nosram RS.28 evo (basically an lrp spec 3) and it's a hell of a lot quicker. I haven't finished running it in, but it's giong to rip. If the picco is quicker (from what I've read the lrp and picco have similar top end, but the picco has a bigger dose of low end) it'll fly. :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back