Share your crash damage pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, so this is a story to make sure everyone is using a failsafe.
I was doing some tuning on my 3 speed tranny, and my hump-pack was getting low on voltage. as a result i removed my fail safe so I could finish the tuning. all was good, I finished tweaking my shifting and packed up for the day.

A few days later I took out my truck and forgot that i removed my failsafe, I was driving around the subdivision and showing my family how "cool" my savage was.... until i lost signal about 150 yards away, the savage got stuck full throttle. jumped a ditch and went screaming towards the highway.

lucky enough it managed to dodge between a pickup truck and an 18 wheeler on the way across the highway and continued into a large machinery dealership. so, going full speed ~40 mph, the truck runs into a chain link fence and some how flips over and comes straight back towards the highway..... unfortunately it wasn't so lucky the 2nd time around. an 18 wheeler ran over the front end of the savage !!!!!

fortunately, I had just recently upgraded mostly everything, so i had a lot of aluminum components "except for the shocks" as a result, the only damage that occurred was 2 broken shocks, and 2 broken rims!

Lesson of the day,

ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A FAIL SAFE INSTALLED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha, i'll post some pics tomorrow. it's kinda funny but most of the damage was to the body "which I just barley finished painting a week earlier" sigh, I would recommend getting the dynamite failsafe... it's what I usually have installed and works like a charm.

welcome to the forum. thats a great story but ya, must have pics

Last edited by a moderator:
i feel for ya!! i just had my truggy do that and slam into a curb, bent the front driveshaft,destroyed the steering servo and the bumper assembly is gone, its been a aggravating day!!!

thats crazy bro. i would probably have a heart attack at least the mods saved the truck though. thats why those mods may cost a ton sometimes but are well worth it if they save your truck like that.
on a different note do the fail safes come stock on the savage or is that an aftermarket thing? if not its off to the hobby store for me to pick one up.

i had that happen to me once. ever since ive used a failsafe. happened to a friend of mine and he got hit by a ford 250 on the busiest street in the city. lol. nothing but a broken front bumper. these trucks are tough!

mine did the same thing kevin!! IF YOU NOTICE ON THE PICS ON MY THREAD...THAT IS AN AXIAL HSN I GOT FROM RYUGAIDEN05...AND IT WORKED PERFECTLY!!!!!!!

Picture0001-1.jpg

Haha! That picture is classic!:lmao3:

Must have been a helluva impact. Those FLM bones are huge.

Went down my local sk8 park with my mate who has a schumacher riot as usual i was showing off to the grungers on there skateboards and roller blades, pulling wheelies, doing donuts, doing stopies, getting some air all the cool stuff. when my exhaust came off the spring and was wobbling about all over the place, not noticing i took it up a ramp at about 25~30 mph hit the side of the ramp and nocked my shell off (must have lost some pins) and scraped my engine about 3 feet along the ground. so head in my hands with sk8ers laughing at me i carried on in true bashing style not caring about the damage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so now iv got a new exhaust on order from ebay so I'm hoping for them to arrive soon il get some pics soon

Members online

No members online now.
Back