Share your crash damage pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found them cheaper online but they will take a more than 3 days and that to much

attachment.php

Just remember that a savage is very tough, but not unbreakable, and driving in cold weather makes them much more prone to breaking. I have never broken an A arm in the summer, always winter.

Went camping last weekend. I was pretty excited as this is the first camping season I've been into RC (just got into the hobby in December, as did my dad.) Well we don't tent camp, we have travel trailers and the particular place we camp has some really nice bashing areas. After a few problems with the motor shifting and destroying spur gears, I had my truck running really well. Dad had his new Losi XXL out too....I started getting cocky and during a drag race up the street, I hit some sand in corner, the truck got a little wiggle to it, and when it caught traction it...well...hit a tree head on at top speed. So far the damage list is:

FLM TVPs
Receiver Box (broke two screws off in it)
Front Diff and brace
Front left Control Arm

DSCF1502.jpg

DSCF1498.jpg

DSCF1499.jpg

DSCF1500.jpg

DSCF1501.jpg

yep good job! don't forget to add in what FLM does for ya...

True...I contacted FLM and was told that all I need to do is ship the TVPs to them with $14 and I am going to receive a brand new set. Not too bad considering I openly admitted the crash was due to bashing. Gotta love lifetime warranties.

Sorry for your loss, but that lifetime warranty makes it almost better. I think we have all gotten into a heavy hit crash during our rc times.nice carnage!!

Yeah, I'm not really bothered by it...it was coming eventually and I was getting cocky that day. From my best estimates and using ebay, it will cost me about $50 (including the $14 for FLM).

Here's the list of damage from last Sat. nights bash session. Not a whole lot of damage and everything is easily fixable. First pic is of the right rear, rear mounted cen shock. Looks like the shock body just unscrewed itself from the cap. The threads in the cap and on the body are all still good along with the o-rings. Gonna clean it up and refill it and see if it's still good.

106_0965.jpg

I noticed a few weekends prior to this past Sat. that there was a clicking noise coming from the truck when taking off and while driving. Thinking it was just a worn out drive cup or axle, I overlooked it for the time being and kept on runnin. Come to find out, it was the rear cen diff pinion with a few missing teeth. I figured out that's what is was last Sat. but kept on runnin anyways, I was havin to much fun. Also, the outer bearing that the pinion slids through is shot. The rubber shield got worn off and the bearing needs replaced. I've got extras. The mess was a little to loose cuz the pinion wasn't shimmed enough and that's what caused the broken teeth. Another cen pinion bites the dust.

106_0973.jpg

106_0972.jpg

106_0971.jpg

And for last, the two body's that didn't make it through a 3hr. bash session. The green Ford Bronco body is a really old body and already a little tore. I've been trying to finish it off for the past month and I finially did Sat. night.

106_0966.jpg

106_0967.jpg

Here's the other body that got tore up that night. It only lasted 1 1/4 tanks and is the one on the truck in the last vid I posted the other day from Sat. night.

106_0968.jpg

106_0969.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i am suprised you don't break more stuff. i thought i totalled the firestorm today....full throttle on the new bl system into the fence. no damage whatsoever.

old style wood fence. has 8" round posts that go about 2' into the ground. i took it to my grandpa's house and ran it all out and it still doesnt show any signs of wear.

Wow your savage really takes a beating! Thats a LOT of carnage. Are you still running the RPM arms on your truck? I have a pretty good idea that if you are thats why you are destroying axles like that. First off they are much softer that any other a-arm, thats why they are harder to beak. You land funny, even slightly off and they will flex. The result is bent shock shafts and bent/broken drive shafts...its simple really.

Ok I don't want to come off wrong or sound like a know-it-all but maybe I could help you out a little. Have you tried a better lower a-arm other the the rpm and stock? In every pic I see it looks really dirty and not well taken care of. Who know's maybe you do but reading where you said you had no idea your rear lower hing pins were THAT bent leads me to beleve that most of your carnage is from not taking care of it. I understand that you beat the heck out of it but I've done the same to my nitro savage and am starting to on my flux (my last outing bent the TVP from a 20' drop on to concret, the landing was perfect but the impact was to much for it).

I really only have 1 hour of runtime on my flux and I have rebuilt it 2 times already. Full teardowns/inspection on everything/cleaning/relubing.

If you baby it, thats not needed, but when you beat the living crap out of it, it should be done after every run.

My flux went from this.
3097_72782572765_834992765_1593948_5154048_n.jpg

3097_72782587765_834992765_1593950_1335614_n.jpg

Bent TVP
3097_72944842765_834992765_1596038_7213719_n.jpg

To this in less than 2 hours of work. Full tear down/rebuild. Bent the TVP back as you can see it looks new again...
3097_73266642765_834992765_1599473_4750883_n.jpg

3097_73266647765_834992765_1599474_4535394_n.jpg

3097_73266652765_834992765_1599475_4291159_n.jpg

I don't want to hijack your thread but i'm just saying a little work go's a longg way thats all.

Wow your savage really takes a beating! Thats a LOT of carnage. Are you still running the RPM arms on your truck? I have a pretty good idea that if you are thats why you are destroying axles like that. First off they are much softer that any other a-arm, thats why they are harder to beak. You land funny, even slightly off and they will flex. The result is bent shock shafts and bent/broken drive shafts...its simple really.

Ok I don't want to come off wrong or sound like a know-it-all but maybe I could help you out a little. Have you tried a better lower a-arm other the the rpm and stock? In every pic I see it looks really dirty and not well taken care of. Who know's maybe you do but reading where you said you had no idea your rear lower hing pins were THAT bent leads me to beleve that most of your carnage is from not taking care of it. I understand that you beat the heck out of it but I've done the same to my nitro savage and am starting to on my flux (my last outing bent the TVP from a 20' drop on to concret, the landing was perfect but the impact was to much for it).

I really only have 1 hour of runtime on my flux and I have rebuilt it 2 times already. Full teardowns/inspection on everything/cleaning/relubing.

If you baby it, thats not needed, but when you beat the living crap out of it, it should be done after every run.

I don't want to hijack your thread but i'm just saying a little work go's a longg way thats all.

I posted somewhere as to reason why I kept bending and snapping dogbones. The alum. diff housings I was using wouldn't let me properly shim the diffs side-side. Which caused them to have to much play resulting in busted dogbones. I've been runnin the RPM arms for the last 3 yrs. almost and have never had any problems with them flexing to much. All the shocks that I've bent have been from bad upside-down landings or runnin into something solid full speed and hittin the wheel. Since I've been runnin the Cen shocks for the past year, I've never bent a shaft or busted a body up until a couple weekends ago. I do keep my truck clean, it's just that all the pics are taken the next day or 2 before it gets cleaned. The dirty pics with damage just go to show how much fun I had with the truck for that bash session. I don't do full teardowns and rebuilds alot because I really don't have a whole lot of time to work on my truck nor enough workspace for it. I also won't take offense to your opinions and/or suggestions.

Ahhh the CEN shocks are they better then the flux style big bore shocks?

Not sure, I've never ran the HPI big bores, the alum. ones or the flux ones. I know the cens are pretty tough. I've never bent a shaft or anything. On two of the shocks, the caps came loose (I probably didn't get them tight enough, my own fault) and one of the shocks got busted on the body where the shaft comes out do to the lower mounting screw backing out. Other that that, they've held up to my abuse so far. And my buddy who owns a GST 7.7, has never messed up a shock, even after smaking a lightpole at full speed.

just some minor damage from running today in the park. nothing serious but the more I run my truck the less I like new eras lst2 shock kit. they don't give you any room for adjustment on the shock stance, Might be time for the irc kit, at least rob gives you 3 adjustment positions, I need a wider shock stance for better handling, I think this will also help take pressure off the plastic rod ends when landing somewhat sideways. this breakage was not even off of a jump i was doing donuts and taking some hard high speed turns and headshot

i don't think that even qualifies as damage, i know you can do better ;)

Members online

Back