Share your crash damage pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got a set of diff plates if your interested. but thats about all i can help out with man. sorry bout the accident, but the pics are cool to look at, cus the imagination runs wild thinking of what the crash must of looked like.

looks like that hurt a little JR.

The only part that hurts is that the TVPs I made are shot now. I'm not gonna make another set. Those were a pain to make and I don't wanna have to deal with it again. Plus the down time.

got a set of diff plates if your interested. but thats about all i can help out with man. sorry bout the accident, but the pics are cool to look at, cus the imagination runs wild thinking of what the crash must of looked like.

Thanks Dread. I'll only need one. I'll let you know in a few days. Gonna see if the LHS has one in stock. How much do you want for one or the pair?

Ouch JR!!

All part of the fun I guess.....

It would have been fun if I actually hit the ramp.

comment on SunkenMetal's idea of the ford 9in or dana60 conversion sounded good.. but u cant jump as high for the power to wieght ratio would plumbet...:slapped:even the .46 truckzilla engine would struggle!!:duh: can you say 1 gallon of nitro down the drain??money man

I found some more damage once I tore the rest of the truck apart. I went to start a mock-up of the parts that I have and to reset the gear mesh cuz the motor got twisted sideways abit and through the mesh out. I mounted one of the stock TVPs to one side of the tran/motor plate combo and had to pull down on the rear of the TVP to get the motor plate brace screw holes to line up. So I took the TVP back off and checked the plate and braces and the rear brace was bent. The plate, Nova motor mount, and motor are fine, no damage. But the brace is bent pretty good. I'll try and remember to get a pic later tonight.

kudos you did a great job on those knuckles!! lol first time i took out my 21 savy i did the same thing.. just not the cartwheels.:rock: need to upgrade to some aluminum.

I switched a arms the other day. mostly for that reason but also to cut a ton of weight.

ya the alum a-arms look awsome but just transfer the damage to a weaker part and as you said add weight as well which in turn is harder on the drivetrain.... great carnage by the way, thanks for sharing!!!

yea 4-wheelers can be fixed but organs or limbs unfortunatley arent under warrenty or replaceable.. glad u doin ok though, the pain wears off over about a week or so.:motorcycle::good boy:

wow I'm glad your alright buddy!!! i rolled mine on top of myself trying to scale a real "vertical" hill lol and broke ribs and the whole bit... hope your feeling better soon!!

Hello Fellas!,

Today is a dark day. This is what happens when the brakes slider from the servo looses the screw. I hit a wall at 35MPH with no ability to apply the breaks and this is what happened. Enjoy.

As a side note, I crapped my pants when I saw the impact. It wasn't pretty!

View from the left side.
100_2296.jpg

Bent chassis from the underside with skid plates.
100_2300.jpg

View from the underside. Look at the cross member it's shattered!
100_2306.jpg

Another view from the underside. The steering posts were severed by the impact (both of them).
100_2309.jpg

Here are the steering posts.
100_2312.jpg

View after I took the front. You can clearly see the bending on the left.
100_2310.jpg

Left chassis on the table
100_2313.jpg

After all this destruction I think it's time to do some serious repair and modding. And apply some locktite to the sliders screw!!!. Things that I have on my mind:

- FLM Ext lcg chassis
- Mugen Mid tank mod
- Steering mod (bearings)
- Ace 1015 digital servo for steering
- Goliath tires
- Aluminum pipe holder
- Any other that you guys might think would be good at this point.

yes i agree thats the most damage i've seen done in a long time.. thanks for sharing and am looking forward to seeing the "rebirth" of your savage.

Wowzer's thats a heck of a crash. At least these things are easy to fix and doesn't look like it should be to expensive to fix.

Sorry about the crash thought and good luck on the fix.

Yeah, it's unfortunate. I will post pics of the rebuild as soon as some money flow my way I will start ordering parts.

Hey it would be nice to start a post with the most outrageous crashes of all our members!

If there has ever been a reason to rebuild, I think you are entitled. It's always the little things that get ya in the end. :duh:

just start by getting new steering posts. cross brace and the other small stuff
then just hammer the tvp's straight and go drive. later when you have more money you can get new tvp's

If it ain't broke don't fix it...
It's broke, so fix it and mod it whaile you're at it! :-D
Steering servo is a beaut I have the 1313- 12.5kg vs 14.5.

Nice list of mods you have planned-keep us updated bud.

Yeah, it's unfortunate. I will post pics of the rebuild as soon as some money flow my way I will start ordering parts.

Hey it would be nice to start a post with the most outrageous crashes of all our members!

i think there is a thread about everyones crash damage lol

i flipped my savvy into a river by accident thankfully i had a set of jumbo kongs on it so it kept it floatin:duh:

Latest posts

Members online

Back