Share your crash damage pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bud u need to tell him to invest in a fail safe there not that much,or get a New Futaba Fast remote

HOLY CAMOLIES!!! i forgot you had the diamond plate tvp's that really sucks man. i can prolly get my hands on a sheet if you wanna re-do them.

Yup. I can get some down here, I just don't want the extra down time of making them again. Plus, I gave my ext. TVPs I had to Jeremy and those are what I used a base temp. I'm gonna make some more in future, but with a different material. Only time will tell. I also forgot to tell you that I got a diff/bulkhead plate from Bank already. I totally forgot you said you have one I could get. Thanks anyways for the offer. If you ever need anything let me know.

Did some more damage to the truck Sat. night. Only got a 1/2 tank in which really sucked. First, I noticed that when I took off from a stand still, the truck pulled hard one way, same as it would if a dogbone was broke or missing. So I walked over to the truck, picked it up, gave it a little throttle, and and all 4 wheels turned like normal. I put it back down, grab full throttle, and it did the same again. So now I'm thinkin the diff is shot on the inside somewhere. I started to slowly drive the truck (which was hard to do) back over to the car and shut it down and pack everything back up. But not wanting to end the nite early, I decided to make a couple more high speed runs and then shut it down. On the slow drive back to the parking lot I gave the truck on quick little full throttle blip. The truck took off for a sec., then the motor went back to idle and I was still giving it full throttle. So i figured the Rx batt was almost dead and the fail-safe kicked in. Nope, pulled the throttle linkage right out of the ball-end cup on the carb slide. Now I have to redo the throttle/brake linkage again. While cleaning the truck off yest. I decided to look more into the front drivetrain problem. And upon further inspection, it was a busted cross pin in the front right CVD. Oh well, that's all fixed, now I just have to do the linkage once I get some more parts from the LHS. Here's the damaged CVD pic.

106_0957.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ran the truck yest. afternoon right before it was time to leave work. Truck was runnin real nice. Steady 220 deg. temps. The cons. site didn't have any smooth enough areas to get any good jumps in or some real good high speed runs in. Got down to about about 1/4 tank and noticed the truck was acting a little funny. Walked over to to watch it closer as it took off from a dead stop and the front wheels weren't spinning at all. So, I picked the truck up and blipped the throttle, back wheels spun and the front didn't. Looked through the TVP and noticed two things missing, the center dogbone (front one obviously) and the drive cup that attaches to the pinion for the diff. Quess I forgot to check those set screws to make sure they were tight when I had the truck apart. Oh well. Hopefully will be fixed by the weekend. Sorry, no pics cuz nothing really broke, just fell off.

Nice damage J. I tried watching the vid, but I can't watch vids that are on photobucket. Well, some I can and some I can't. Don't know why and I'm not gonna go messin with my sis's comp. I thought you were striping the purple off those TVPs?

Yea Grumpy said he would do it for me .. Then powercoat them .. I did the 1/2 of the inside of the tvp you can't see

Ran the truck yest. afternoon right before it was time to leave work. Truck was runnin real nice. Steady 220 deg. temps. The cons. site didn't have any smooth enough areas to get any good jumps in or some real good high speed runs in. Got down to about about 1/4 tank and noticed the truck was acting a little funny. Walked over to to watch it closer as it took off from a dead stop and the front wheels weren't spinning at all. So, I picked the truck up and blipped the throttle, back wheels spun and the front didn't. Looked through the TVP and noticed two things missing, the center dogbone (front one obviously) and the drive cup that attaches to the pinion for the diff. Quess I forgot to check those set screws to make sure they were tight when I had the truck apart. Oh well. Hopefully will be fixed by the weekend. Sorry, no pics cuz nothing really broke, just fell off.

When I went to replace/fix the front center dogbone, I also noticed that I snapped the pin off the set screw that holds the drive cup on the trans output shaft. Got the truck all fixed up again and ran it a bit today at work. And it happened again, snapped the pin off the set screw. Now I need more set screws and I'm also gonna look and see if I can use a bolt and double nut instead of the pinned set screw. It looks like I have enough room. Gonna look into it further. The screws I had weren't long enough when I thought about it the first time I fixed it. Gonna see what I can get.

P.S. Also lost the front center dogbone but it was found, so now I don't have to buy another one. A co-worker who was watching me run the truck helped me look for it. And for Freddy's amusement, I didn't run into him.

This past Sat. night, my buddy and I met up with some of the guys from Hobbytown for a little nite time bash session. Of course, I had to bring the ramp with me to give it some test runs. I'll post about that on the ramp build thread later. Anyways, on to the damage report. The guys from hobbytown left early so it was just my buddy and I left still runnin our trucks. I was doin most of the filming while everybody was runnin there trucks and stuff and then I ran mine later. The jump that caused the damage was caught on vid and will be posted once I get it uploaded. Suprizingly, the only damage was a busted lower a-arm and the TVPs got bent ever so slightly. I'm still gonna run the truck with the TVPs and see how it works out and leave them on until they are messed up more or when I feel like replacing them. My buddy has an extra set I'm gonna get off of him. Well, here are the pics and the vid will be posted later. Enjoy

Front right lower A-arm, split along the mold line.
106_0963.jpg

center shot of TVPs, not that badly bent.
106_0960.jpg

left side TVP from lookin under the truck
106_0961.jpg

right side TVP from lookin under the truck
106_0962.jpg

This is to go along with the previous post of damages. I also bent one of the front lower hinge pins. The opposite one of the arm that broke. Go figure.

Here's the vid clips I mentioned I was gonna post once I got them loaded.

Vid #1- this is video clip with a few good jumps and the one bad jump that ended the nite. !!!WARNING!!! a few bad words come out of my friend's mouth. But he apologizes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58pwjl6_3OI

Vid #2- this is the video clip that explains how the damage to the truck happened. Of course, my friend's funny commentary goes along with the explanation. This clip has clean language in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzh--gKeLGw

Here's why I opted for building my own transmission gears. I was sick of tearing the transmission out after only a few tanks of fuel. Finally start making good power and you start to find all the weak points. Here's a few pics of those weak links!!
DSC03707.jpg
DSC03712.jpg
DSC03706.jpg
3863.gif

Great work. What are you running that keeps tearing up the trans so fast??

Can we get pictures of your custom Trans Gears, I love seeing custom work and everyone's genius ideas?

Steel or the aluminum ones? I made 2 sets of aluminum ones . One set for a 2spd and a set for a 3spd. Working on the steel sets soon and searching my shop computer for the aluminum pics. Hoping to find them today!!
3863.gif

Well I'm really hoping that price of scrap goes back up a bit. All this busted and bent purple Integy crap needs a new home. Even destroyed a couple sets of New Era skid/wheelies bars!! Got junk?
DSC03792.jpg
DSC03794.jpg
DSC03788.jpg

Members online

Back