Share your crash damage pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anytime super. Thats what were here for bud.

So. Here's what happened. Me and my mate had just given the trucks a clean then decided to take em out for a drive about. we got 100 yards away from my house then we saw a set of steps with a nice long run up to clear the set of double steps. so my mate lined up the truck for the jump. set off at full throttle then!! Hit the steel post on the side of the steps at full throttle. oops!
truckcrash002.jpg

truckcrash006.jpg

truckcrash007.jpg

How did you know it was doing 50mph??

today i was at full throttle also with my ABmoded STS D30M (savageX) and the streets in Canada are frozen so no control over the truck what so ever. the truck swereved right and left and hit the curve at FULL SPEED. the truck did 3 flips in the are and landed up side down. luckily i had the ((((NEW ERA ROLL BAR))))), not a single scratch on the engine or the truck.

i swear by this product.....all you people with savages and with no roll bar ......MY ADVICE TO YOU IS GET IT..... this roll bar is amazing....

i saw my truck bashing all the way till a complete stop i was about to cry....

I have never done this one before. Was out bashing my truck like I am known to do on a weekend and about 1/2 way through my last tank of fuel I lost brakes.:mikey: So I finished the tank off being careful not to damage it further. Didnt bother to look at it than just figured I would deal with the muddy beast when I got home. Took the body off and I could tell right away what the problem was.......:FarleyParty:
15y6qeb.jpg

avlk4p.jpg

Well thats definitely no good man, easy fix. Although, alot better than having to replace all your brakes!

Hopefully you don't fix it for something to go wrong again, seems like it is a virus sometimes :(. Hope you get to enjoy it soon!

Did some more damage last Thur. while runnin the savvy at work (it was kinda a slow day). Funny part was it wasn't even warmed up yet. here's the pics.

102_0646.jpg

102_0648.jpg

102_0649.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't really know where to put this post but i went out bashing today and testing the new clutch from mega that i will right up on the review. all was good at first until i went in to this big open field. i notist that when i took my finger off the throttle it kept going. and when i say kept going i mean kept going at 40mph ish.i stuck the breaks on it slowed it down a bit but then thanks to the power of my axial .32 it snapped the break pad in half. so now i was with out breaks all i could do was turn. i drove it in large circles for a while until the throttle opend up more so i drove it in to a big pile of dirt about as tall as a fully grown man. some how probally thanks to the powere of the axial it went over the top of it and down the other side. finally it stopped when i drove it in to a bump about a foot high. i ran over to the car and stopped the engine. I'm now left with a snapped break pad and a black glow plug and piston head. is this a problem? how can i fix it? I'm a bit surprised that it only has that much damage. but the main thing is taht it was fun and i got a bit of informaiton that i will post along with pictures up on my clutch review. all of this happend because a screw that held the throttle linkage angle ting in place came loose. i did loc-tite it and all that but it still came loose.
hope you enjoyed my little story
thanks for reading
4x4

man that sucks when that happens!! when i first bought mine i started it without turning on the radio:duh: it took off at mach 1 and wouldnt stop until i finally manage to flip it!! never did that again!! lol

lol hope mine runs next time! it worried me a bit really as I'm 14 and ive spent a lot on my savage. did you damage your car?
4x4

My mach.26 had problems with glow plugs for a while not to mention me and a guy DOOBEEWHA who used to be on here would race a 100 yard oval track at the local school. Well the top of my piston became blackened by this type of driving I broke down the motor and used after run oil and 1500 sandpaper The wet or dry type cleaned up nicely it ran after that but we kept on racing this 100 yard oval. I have to say keeping your truck at full throttle for that amount of time is not good on the motors There too small to take that abuse.
If you take your motor down just remeber read and get it in your head first how to do it. if you need help just ask. and KEEP YOUR WORK AREA CLEAN. and all the parts give them a bath in carb or nitro cleaner. then light oil before installing them Wear white latex gloves when installing the clean parts .

Good luck.

thanks i may have a go. ive taken a few engines appart now so i know what I'm doing
thanks
4x4

Ouch, just shows the fact that anything that can happen...will happen. After a week wait after losing a servo for my steering, I finally got my new Hitec 645MG installed, and got back to running my beast. But little did I know at the time that I have torqued down the post for the Servo Saver to much and it burned up the new servo as well :duh: The little things that can kill a savage :stressed:

I had that happen to me once. I had forced the wrong servo horn on my throttle servo (at that time I didnt know there were different ones and it fit it just had to be forced on, so I thought it was ok.)

well it wasnt ok, I don't know when it happened but it had to be right before I started it and test the radio conectionn. I usually hit the throttle and steering wheel before I start it, just out of habbit. I didnt notice that the horn stripped and when it went to its center postion the throttle at the carb was at fullly open. I put the roto start in and she opened up. Luckly I cought the bumper or the body post and was able to hold on to it. didnt have a rag near buy though so I called one of the neighbor kids over that had gathered to get one for me.

Bought the safte stop as soon as I got to the PC.

MNine didnt run long enough to cause any damage. Needless to say I made it a habbit to look at the carb and check over everything every time I start it now. some things you just can't plan for. like the saying goes "$h17" Happens"

looks like i will not buy one of them any more thanks for leting us know
thanks
blake

thanks
bwl2828 what will you not buy? if your talking about the engine the engines great it was the throttle linkage that caused the problem!
thanks for the reply
4x4

More damage to the fusion over the weekend. And just bought another set of new rims/tires cuz I ran the rear foams down to the plastic. Here are the pics.

102_0650-1.jpg

102_0651-1.jpg

102_0652-1.jpg

102_0653-1.jpg

102_0654-1.jpg

102_0655-1.jpg

Well, at least the new rims/tires survived. And I was hopeing to be able to get a little bit of video for you guys but it was already dark out when we went to go run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember back in Nov. when I first started this thread with the first damaged from running over my foot. Well, couple weekends ago when out runnin the fusion, I found out that When the car makes it first shift (remember, the fusion has a three speed((on-road car)), yes a three speed) It's going from either from 1st and shifting into 3rd or starting out in 2nd then goin into 3rd. It all has to do with the motor or the clutch springs need replaced in the 2nd & 3rd gear clutch holder. Yeah it sux it's not adjustable. Also, I have a pic of my toe from when I hit it back in Nov. Here's the pic.

102_0657-1.jpg

102_0660.jpg

I'll let you guys figure out which toe it is and remember, I hit it back in the middle of Nov.

Full Speed into a steel pole.. driver was my 9 year old son.

These are Lundsford Titanium Hinge Pins, first day out with them.
Also brand new CF braces, also first run with them.

CIMG8495.jpg

The gearbox I thought I may have to cut open to get the pin out of. The damage was already done, I didn't do it getting the pin out.

CIMG8498.jpg

Finally the TVP's, I didn't know he even did the wreck. I wasn't watching him. I was.... it almost hurts to say it.. building him a second ramp. He continued to thrash the truck after this damage on the new ramp until I noticed the TVPs. A good two tanks after it could have been done. He later fessed up he did the full speed into the pole.

CIMG8500.jpg

I didn't get a picture of the skidplate which also needs replaced, or the dogbone on that right side as it wasn't found.

Same day he also managed to rip the head off an FLM dog bone.

looks like he had fun with your truck may be that will be the last time u let him use it jkjk nice work he did there

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back