SavyScotts Tekno Conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update

Got to run the truggy today for the the first time.. All i can say is i can't belive how much power that is has.. Like rolling along and mash the throttle and it wheelies like nothing...It is insane power!!!

The look on my face was like this

:smilie8:

I was running mine yesturday and I need to put in heavier diff fluid in the middle diff. I am running 10k now and will up it to 30k. The front tire ballon like crazy. I will also be removing the clutch setup from Tekno and will be running a 17 tooth pinion like you.

I was running mine yesturday and I need to put in heavier diff fluid in the middle diff. I am running 10k now and will up it to 30k. The front tire ballon like crazy. I will also be removing the clutch setup from Tekno and will be running a 17 tooth pinion like you.

I am running 14/50..This is what tekin recommend for me to run to keep the heat down on the esc with the pack i am running.

Awesome scott that thing looks insane..a couple tracks and bash spots are about to be opening up around here soon..

Well took the truggy out for another time today.. Made 4 or 5 passes not real fast,turned around for another and POOF!!! I saw flames out from under the body and knew it wasn't good!!! Here is some pics of the aftermath..

014.jpg

013.jpg

012.jpg

Gonna give tekin a call and check on the warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:
damn, hopefully thats covered for ya. i hate seeing burnt esc's its a pricey hobby when they start going up. are the packs ok?

Wow. When you fry a esc, you really fry it. Whn mine fried, it looked fine. No flames, or smoke, just the horible smell. I see that it has the red heat sink. Does the case have 3 or 4 holes in the bottom? Original rx8 had the black heat sink. 2nd one had 4 holes in the bottom of the case. The newest has 3 holes in the bottom. The one I fried, had 4, and they sent me a new one with 3 hole case, and no issues since. What gearing you running? Were you keeping an eye on temps, or did you even have time?

Lets get more into the why or what you think might have caused it. It's to say yep it's fried it's another to say what you think might have caused it to FRY. what truck is it on, what size packs are you running what connectors are you using, the type of charger has a huge part to play into pack frying. What were doing when all hell broke out.

Details are crucial for the rest of us trying to get into this aspect of the hobby. What we might be able to do to avoid a catastrophy like you all have been mentioning. Latly to help the member. We are all here to help each other, remember, aka FORUM.

]-[0pa]0ng;196617 said:
Lets get more into the why or what you think might have caused it. It's to say yep it's fried it's another to say what you think might have caused it to FRY. what truck is it on, what size packs are you running what connectors are you using, the type of charger has a huge part to play into pack frying. What were doing when all hell broke out.

Details are crucial for the rest of us trying to get into this aspect of the hobby. What we might be able to do to avoid a catastrophy like you all have been mentioning. Latly to help the member. We are all here to help each other, remember, aka FORUM.

Well with you asking all these questions, it appears to me that you didn't look or read the thread till i posted the pics of the esc.. :dunno: All your questions about what truck,pack,charger,connectors i was using are in the thread. Also you will see that i mentioned nothing about the pack frying just the esc ...:stickpoke:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back