savahe 4.6 roto start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cougar390

okay i finally got that owb that goes in the roto start how do i get the old one out

That depends...Which motor do you have?

If you motor has an "external OWB" like a F4.1 or F4.6, it will look like a hex nut. Simply remove the black plastic rotostart cover on the motor and you can slide it off the shaft.
If you have an "internal OWB" (K4.6, K5.9) the bearing is inside a round housing...you need to remove the metal back-plate from the motor to do it. Either way, it should be a pretty painless deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
is the engine removed from the chassis?

if not, thats the first step....there are 4 allen head screw's holding the engine mount to the chassis, they are easy to get to from underneath the truck.

once you get the engine out, remove the 3 small allen head or phillip's head screw's holding the rotostart backplate to the back of the engine.

i have a F4.6....ive never dealt with a K4.6.

on the F4.6 once you remove the rotostart from the rear of the engine, the OWB will either stay on the shaft, and you can simply remove it, or it will stay inside the rotostart and you will have to try to tap or lightly pry it out....or you can take apart the back plate.

the new bearing has a step on one side, and is flat on the other side...you want the step'd side to go towards the back of the engine...flat side faces out (or towards rotostart)

i cant help for a K4.6.

Latest posts

Members online

Back