SavageX 4.6 super gear(spur gear)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks so much guys! Your guys' site is making life so easy for this new interest of mine. First getting into z cars was a nightmare when it came to problems until you learn the whole freakin car.

This has been pleasent so far. Problems are resolved quite quickly lol
I got my little buggy tuned pretty decent tonight. Had some problems with air bubbles in the fuel line. But I shortened the line, and tomorrow I will try and get my self a filter to kind of shread them up a bit.

Otherwise, tonight was pretty successful until I hit a wheel barrel and bent a shock.

These things are always **** magnets aren't they? haha.

Hey Chronic..

Samisavage once said something about using animal balloons to use for shock socks, keeping the dirt off your shafts.

Just a little tip.

I was cruising through an rc magazine actually, and saw you can buy covers for them. It gave me the idea to try and find something to put over them.

So yeah, those balloons are definitely the ticket.

ya theres a guy online that sells actual shock covers specifically for the savage series! www.savageshockcovers.com was just talking with him and am ordering some myself! he's got some cool covers even ones with skulls and stuff pretty cool! the companys in quebec and its only like 15 bucks a set for them and there double stitched for toughness! and the set actually comes with 9 so u have a extra! just thought you might want to check him out as he has some cool covers and seems like a decent guy! and your very welcome if any info i might have given was helpful chronic as thats what this forum is all about helping all us "big kids" keep there child inside alive! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
spurs

Hey chronic ( nice name too )

The easiest way to mesh your gears is to take a piece of notebook paper and cut a 1 inch by 6 inch strip and fold long ways in half ( so it is 1/2 inch by 6 ) Feed it into your gears and take a screwdriver and push the engine block as much as possible with the paper betwwen the gears. This will keep your "mesh" at about 1.5 to 2mm apart. Spur gears only cost about $4 even at your lhs. I keep two around at all times!!!!

Thanks man! Yeah, when I stripped the one. I bought two extra.
But yeah, I used the paper trick and its worked awesome. Only thing I messed up on was I must have losened the slipper clutchs bolt too much. Fixed that though, after a couple days of tuning, the gear still looks brand new. So, now i have a spare.

Cars running great too! I'm so happy...for the first week there I was getting pretty frustrated. Still need some new shocks as I bent two. But, meh! Thats minor.

Hey man don't get discouraged My first savge I did the breakin and next day went to run it and fried my spur as well really bummed me out but next day was up and runnig again and haven't looked back. Welcome to the savage forum IMO you purchased the best all around basher out there, and There is alot of knowledge and help here so keep coming back.

Members online

No members online now.
Back