Savage Xs Flux acceleration issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seby

Hello everyone
I have a savage xs flux on which i've just changed the front and rear differentials. (I've had quite a few issues with it, kinda set it aside, and I'm getting back on it after 2-3 years)
I also had a clutch problem (changed the gearbox gears because some teeth were broken, and had quite some trouble adjusting the slipper clutch).
OK now for the current issue. Every thing seems to be clean, and in good shape, but once on the road, when I press the throttle trigger, the truck doesn't move, it kinda jumps a few centimeters, and then it stops and the motor doesn't seem to push anymore. If I push it by hand to give it speed, and then press the acceleration trigger, it goes perfectly, I have variable speed, but if I slow to a stop, I have to push it again by hand.
So my question is : what could cause that? Is it a too tight clutch that stops the motor because the car is too heavy? (it's my best guess), is it that my gears or shafts have something slowing them? (I did put a lot of grease inside the differential so maybe it's a bit too much).
If you guys had the same problem, or something similar, or if you have an idea, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks a lot

Hello everyone
I have a savage xs flux on which i've just changed the front and rear differentials. (I've had quite a few issues with it, kinda set it aside, and I'm getting back on it after 2-3 years)
I also had a clutch problem (changed the gearbox gears because some teeth were broken, and had quite some trouble adjusting the slipper clutch).
OK now for the current issue. Every thing seems to be clean, and in good shape, but once on the road, when I press the throttle trigger, the truck doesn't move, it kinda jumps a few centimeters, and then it stops and the motor doesn't seem to push anymore. If I push it by hand to give it speed, and then press the acceleration trigger, it goes perfectly, I have variable speed, but if I slow to a stop, I have to push it again by hand.
So my question is : what could cause that? Is it a too tight clutch that stops the motor because the car is too heavy? (it's my best guess), is it that my gears or shafts have something slowing them? (I did put a lot of grease inside the differential so maybe it's a bit too much).
If you guys had the same problem, or something similar, or if you have an idea, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks a lot
Hi. It seems like one of the three wires between ESC and motor may have a bad contact or that the ESC can not synchronize with the motor rotor position. Check the cable and the connectors between ESC and motor. Also you can swap the order of the cables to the motor to see if it works better.

Hi. It seems like one of the three wires between ESC and motor may have a bad contact or that the ESC can not synchronize with the motor rotor position. Check the cable and the connectors between ESC and motor. Also you can swap the order of the cables to the motor to see if it works better.

That's a great idea actually, If I remember correctly I think I remember seeing a slightly damaged wire. I'll try it out and tell you! Thanks

Don't know if you figured this out yet, but I managed to nuke an ESC and it did the same thing. Hope it works out for ya.

the stock esc is pretty weak, and mine failed early. try a new esc

Latest posts

Members online

Back