savage xl drivetrain or slipping clutch problem .. help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mike, I will go with your advice, but one last question please I tried to find the OWB in the manual in the exploded view of the engine but did not find it, do you have any idea where it is. thanks

i came across an advice today for cleaning the OWB, i thought i would share it and get your views :
Remove the glo plug and air filter fitting at the carburetor.

Spray a second of WD-40 into the top of the cylinder through the glo plug hole.

Spray a second of WD-40 into the carburetor with the throttle in the open position.

Use roto start to spin the motor 5 to 10 seconds.

Repeat the sequence again.

Reinstall the glo plug and air filter and you are ready to run whenever.

Never tried it, seems like it could work... maybe. Seems like it would be hard to get it directly to the OWB that way but when you turn the motor over it would probably get some in there.

thanks mike,
I Made all your recommendations, and will test the truck tomorrow... hope all runs well... i will keep u posted of my updates...
Thanks so much for your patients and support

Cheers

That is the OWB that you need to remove and clean out. Technically speaking, the silver part on the inside is the OWB, but you typically buy the whole unit with the bearing, holder, and pin all preassembled. Remove it all together, clean the OWB, and put it all back in together. No need to disassemble it.

After cleaning and cleaning, i ran my truck today and faced a problem ..
1- The gear would slip after a couple of seconds, and then would only re-engage if i switch the engine and run again ? I looked into the 3 speed transmission and saw that the 3rd and 2nd gear were moving but the first gear was not.. opened the transmission and saw nothing to be wrong, all the components are in prefect shape ?

I have no idea what to look for, please help ..

Thank you

just to give more information..

the engine would rev, but the truck would not move, i check the clutch bell, but was new .. still shinny and looks very well ...

Latest posts

Members online

Back