Savage X tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2007st1300abs

Hey guys . I am looking to get a set of tires and wheels for my savage x. What is the best size to get ?? Tia

3.8" probably. Some are wider than others. If you don't have extended hubs/axles, you can get 1/2" offset wheels to add some stability.

I run an old set of traxxas 3.8 tmaxx wheels/tires on mine, but I just run in grass most of the time. They are 0 offset, but my axle hubs are extended. With the hubs I use, the keyed traxxas wheels go on without issue, but if you have stock 17mm hubs, you need to cut the nubs out of the wheel hex so they can go on. It's a bit of a pain.

I never had great luck with HPI wheel hex's. Seem to always round one out even on good wheel hubs.

Really? thats interesting. I don't think Ive ever stripped one. Maybe I just didnt have them on anything with enough torque lol

Yep. I have 4 or 6 sitting on shelves because the tires are good and half have the hubs egged out from running either on the X or the Flux HP. I'm just too lazy to remount them... or throw them away. I don't run 3.2" tires anymore really, but I did like them for the cushion they add. Maybe I'll make it a winter project to find some RPM 17mm wheels and bake/remount them.

Latest posts

Members online

Back