SAVAGE X Modify "OWB"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guys, i don't think that would allow the pullstart to retract without damaging the pin that holds the roto to the crank. it doesnt freewheel, so it would be spinning the starting assembly backwards while the engine was spinning forward.

i welded a one way back when i had a s25 motor and it worked just fine with the pull start. it did tend to kick back or try and pull the cord out of your hand when it started and sometimes the recoil was slow when cold but it did work.

guys, i don't think that would allow the pullstart to retract without damaging the pin that holds the roto to the crank. it doesnt freewheel, so it would be spinning the starting assembly backwards while the engine was spinning forward.

The pin in the crank that drives the shaft that comes out to hit agains the shaft for OWB is on a spring so it will work. Like stated it may try to snap back once the motor fires though.

I have this on my F4.6. I bought it online and installed it rather then trying to grind it myself. Ive used it with the roto start and the pull start and it works great.

I have this on my F4.6. I bought it online and installed it rather then trying to grind it myself. Ive used it with the roto start and the pull start and it works great.

It would be great if you could add a link for where you bought it online...I want to buy one rather than try and make it...:resp:

No problem. I love it. It works great for me. He has sold a ton of them too so I wasnt worried when I tried mine

By any chance does anyone have another source for this kit as the ebay seller has ended his auction, I REALLLY need one of these. Think of the posibilities, I could start and drive my truck instead of running stick packs flat in the rotostart and swearing, it will be so cool!

Did you email him? He usually makes a few at a time so if nothing is listed right now he probably has a few in the works.

Ya, I messaged him through Ebay I hope he responds although I now can pull the engine clean the OWB reinstall and set backlash in like 45mins.:D

When I ordered mine from him he responded quickly. I'm sure he'll get back to you soon.

Latest posts

Members online

Back