Savage octane brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Octane Pete

Hi guys.

I'm new been on for a week. Hello to all.
My octane is around 4 weeks old and has had around 25-30 tanks of fuel. The truck is running amazingly well but the brakes have started to fail. Is this normal for around this age or Is there a upgrade or a maintenance plan for the brakes

Many thanks

Hi OctanePete, welcome to the forum!
How exactly is your brake failing? Is it the discs or something else?
I would say it feels a failing brake after a couple of week is a bit early, but my truck is running not well yet - no experience to share from my side.

Hi OctanePete, welcome to the forum!
How exactly is your brake failing? Is it the discs or something else?
I would say it feels a failing brake after a couple of week is a bit early, but my truck is running not well yet - no experience to share from my side.
Hay buddy.

Its strange I'm not one for going fast or flat out around. I like hill climbing and some jumps and stuff. The Brakes do nothing now I have tighten the screw cap back to apply more pressure but still nothing. The brakes when new were fantastic it would bring the back wheels off the floor.

Just wondering if anyone has had the same problem. Iv ordered some new dises to see if that will help

Do the wheels block when applying the brake and trying to push the truck or does the brake slip?
Can you take a pic of your brake discs?
Do the wheels block when applying the brake and trying to push the truck or does the brake slip?
Can you take a pic of your brake discs?

So I try applying the brake and pushing the truck by hand and it freely moves with easy no friction at all. Iv yet to take the dise out will will do this week. Iv also ordered some replacements.

Thanks for the help gang. It would seem I worn out the discs and metal plate. Replaced them and its working sweet..

Many thanks for your advice

I'm looking at making a 6x6x6 but struggling with transmission. Is there a diff and diff case I and buy that will let me run shafts to two wheel but have a extra out put to run a set of wheels behind it.

Members online

Back