Savage Flux "Frostbyte" project complete! *56ker's no!*

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freezebyte

Well, at long last! After nearly 4 months of waiting, prepping, saving, upgrading and planning, my Savage Flux project "Frostbyte" is at long last done! Ever since I got my hands on my beloved Flux, I had plans on how to turn it into the ultimate practical basher for my needs and visual preferences. After getting my first brushless monster truck, I've been dreaming about making my flux into my own "personal" vision of how I want it to look and perform. I wanted a balance of good looks with good practicality without going overboard on unnecessary addons or "bling" just to show off and impress others, which I made the mistake of over two years ago on my Revo 3.3

No, this project was all about ME and what I wanted personally in my first brushless truck. And after much mind changing, online researching and impatience later, I feel I got a good personal balance of style, performance and all around toughness with my savage flux I now call "Frostbyte"

This aint no shelf queen folks! This frozen, fast and lean flux is meant to be pushed, punished and enjoyed while still having some pizazz and looks to backup its rough and tough attitude. After a long delay due to an unfortunate LiPo battery incident with my first SMC's, the upgraded and quickly shipped SMC replacements LiPo's at long last arrived this week and project "Frostbyte" was at last finished!

I'm very happy how this project turned out! Its maiden voyage today was farking awesome as everything worked perfectly on a perfect day at the perfect bashing spot! I"ll post a youtube vid in the near future. In the mean time, please enjoy "Frostbyte" in all its visual glory on her long time coming unveiling!

Please feel free to comment, suggest or drool!

BEFORE:

shocksocks.jpg

AFTER:

Modifications:

Proline Badlands tires w/fiber taping
Proline Velocity 1/2'' offset dish rims
Protoform Harddrive body
Team TCS Blue Aluminum TVP frame
Spektrum DX2.0
100k oiled diffs
HPI HD Steel drive gear
Bad Horsie blue shock covers