Savage Engine-Need Engine, please help suggest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tagacali

I currently building a Savage with FLM TVP's with 3 Speed Tranny. Here's the list of choices out there I guess:

LRP .28, LRP .30, Axial 32RR, Picco .28, or HPI K4.6 HO.

What would be best for Bashing with good Top Speed?

Thanks.

What would be a good Pipe to compliment it with I guess. I currently have OFNA 086 pipe.

I went with the picco and ofna 086 pipe and haven't looked back. Plenty of power and speed... I have heard ppl mention the LPR .30 to be a little better than the picco, but i haven't tried one.

I'm going to suggest the lrp .28 and an ofna 086 some say stock it makes a bit more power then the picco but is not as good quality. I run 2 lrp and I am very happy with the power they make and they are easy to tune and hold it very well.

ryan86: which picco engine did you exactly get?

ryan86: did you have AB mod do the work? Big difference? Wheelies better and stronger?

I bought them both second hand of 2 members on here.
One is an ERCM Drag mod picco and the other is also an ERCM mod (i think).
There is a noticeable difference between mod and stock, Just quicker off the line, better wheelies, just overall a better engine, quick as.... But chews through the nitro like no tomorrow :)

Your welcome, glad I could help :)
By the way, welcome to :Hpisf:

i've heard the Picco P3 .28 and the ofna 086 pipe works really well.....even better with the ERCM pipe... :)

Latest posts

Members online

Back