Savage 5T????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda of a neat idea, But for something that big, I'll buy the Baja 5T.

Thanks for the link Sunk

1/5th scale

This was posted elsewhere but this would have been a nice to see as a 1/5th scale Savage. This is from teamK1racing?

looks legitimate but...
the same 3-speed trans and a 5.9 nitro?

could that actually push a large scale like this? i dunno man

thats alot of truck for that 5.9 engine i think, even in the xl it wasnt really all that impressive....

I'm sure the price of this kit up there right next to a 5T anyhow, so ill just buy a 5T with a gas-powered engine.

i wouldnt trust a nitro engine to push a goliath such as the Savage5T?

Ya I was disappointed when I seen this, even in the video it seems really underpowered. IF they are gonna make a savage 1/5 they should have incorporated the 5t chassis with the fuelly motor and develop a 4x4 with a nice tire and truck body not a short course truck body they already have that.

to me it looks like its just a basic chassis(savage xl?) with the nitro motor in it but with a 5t body, wheels, and tires
i know for a fact if it weighs anything like a 5t it will be a turd

a guy on another forum ended up calling hpi and this is what was said....

'' Just got off the phone with HPI. Guy said 1st of all it was a joke. HPI Japan came up with it and was a good idea but not up to HPI quality. When I said when will they be released he said never. Sorry guys''

a guy on another forum ended up calling hpi and this is what was said....

'' Just got off the phone with HPI. Guy said 1st of all it was a joke. HPI Japan came up with it and was a good idea but not up to HPI quality. When I said when will they be released he said never. Sorry guys''

all i can say is thank god it was a joke lol

lol if u get an FLM ulta extend chassis, it will be smiliar to the savage 5T,

but to try to 5T tires on a savage will be great to try out

Nick and I have kicked around the idea of a baja motored savage, it's possible but alot of custom mounts and some reworking of the driveline. Lota money involved withthat one and I don't have that much laying around so it aint gonna happen....we we're just thinking about how you could mod a savage.

Just get a new era or twin zilla savage kit and throw the 5t body on it. same thing as that. don't over think this stuff guys. that's really all it is. very little weight increase so if you put a good motor in it it should move pretty good.

Members online

Back