Savage 25 problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fu11pow3r

I've had a savage 25 for a while, just under a year, and in the past few months or so the engine didn't seem happy; it wasn't as fast and it was starting to take a while to start and get up to temperature. But today, when I tried starting it, it wouldn't. I've decided that it's probably time to upgrade, just the engine, the whole truck (to an x 4.6 or something like that) or maybe, I'm not sure if anyone does a kit, but swap the engine for a motor.

What do people think? I would like to try and keep the costs low, but I know that would quite tricky, so that doesn't matter too much.

First off, welcome to the site!

There are many ways you can go with this. You can rebuild your S25, perhaps your engine has lost it's pinch. Doing this though is usually equal to or more costly than buying a whole new engine. There are alot of great engines out there, I really like the LRP Z.28R Spec 3. As for swapping to an electric setup, there are several companies that make kits. Going this route will likely be your most costly option. If you give us a little more info about what you are looking for I'm sure we can point you in the right direction.

Electric would be good because I could use it basically anywhere as there's no sound but I m not sure about spending all the money. will using the engine you said fit in the truck or do I need to buy a different mounting plate?

Electric would be good because I could use it basically anywhere as there's no sound but I m not sure about spending all the money. will using the engine you said fit in the truck or do I need to buy a different mounting plate?

It fits in the stock truck, no mods necessary.

So I did a bit of research and have taken apart the engine to see what's wrong but I cannot find anything the problem with it. So I think I may either replace some of the parts or change the engine. Will the engine you recommended be durable enough for off road and things?

How much slower is a .21? Because I would prefer a more reliable engine than the fastest on the market.

How much slower is a .21? Because I would prefer a more reliable engine than the fastest on the market.

The HPI .21BB has alot less power than any .28 out there. As much as 1 HP or more. The engine I linked is extremely durable/ reliable and I would put it up against anything. Been running it for years and all I do is bash and treat it "badly".

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back