Run away savage truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lostbob

Hey guys I'm new here and am very glad this forum is here.

So here is my question for anybody that can help. I have been running a savage for about 3 years now and decided to upgrade the gears so I put in all new racing gears the 47 tooth spur and 17 tooth bell (hpi rep on the phone recommended for my experience level), but now when I try to start it rolls away just as soon as I press the button on the rotostart. When the wheels are off the ground they spin while I try to start it. So does the racing bell hear have a slightly smaller I.D so the clutch can't free spin while starting?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

It is normal for the rig to roll some or spin the tires when off the ground, couple questions, when you installed the new bell did you check the clutch and related springs out for wear? how were the bearings and did you clean and reoil them? did the bell spin freely when you installed it?
Have you successfully started and ran it since you did the new parts install?

And no the "racing" bell should be the same diameter inside as the one you removed.....

It is normal for the rig to roll some or spin the tires when off the ground, couple questions, when you installed the new bell did you check the clutch and related springs out for wear? how were the bearings and did you clean and reoil them? did the bell spin freely when you installed it?
Have you successfully started and ran it since you did the new parts install?

And no the "racing" bell should be the same diameter inside as the one you removed.....

First of all thanks for the quick response that was freaking awesome. No I haven't run it yet the new parts just showed up today and I put them on after work. I have read about people actually smoking their clutch so I was a little chicken about starting it. Just pulled it apart to check it again and it wasn't free spinning. Checked the springs and they still feel tight and strong. Put it back together and decided to leave one of the spacer washers off (came with 3 and I used all of them) and I think that was the whole problem cause now it free spins. And runs great seems like it wheelies faster now haha. Thanks again

Bells range in length sometimes even within the same manufacturer. Have to make sure things are shimmed right or you end up with weird wear on the shoes and they hang (too much slop), or you fry your bearings (too tight, which you would have found out if you ran it that way).

Latest posts

Members online

Back