roto start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iceman320

do any of you guys here have the rotostart backplate? is so what do you use with it to start the engine?

I tried starting the engine with my cordless drill but it won't start i don't know if the drill doesn't spin the engine over fast enough or what the deal is but the engine won't start.

first thing to check for is glow plug working and the fuel is getting to carb and go to engine

to check plug remove it from engine and put it in your glow strater

for the fuel getting to carb remove the pipe on the exhaust and blow down it and see you the fuel comes out of tank down the fuel pipe to carb if it does then look at you setting on your carb start at factroy setting as every engine on factroy setting will start but will cut out after about 10 second due to it being so rich

if you got a side carb then the low jet set it level with the end on the slide body

and the high needle jet set about 4 turns out that is were you fuel goes in to the carb

how ever you mite have a 3 jet carb the 3rd jet is the other side to the slide low jet and its brass that is level with the body of carb

then remove your air filter and see were the idel screw is set at the slide mouth of the carb want to be open about 0.8mm to 1.0mm

try this and then try starting it up

and come back to us

Latest posts

Members online

Back