Quick Computer Question !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xll-SavageX-llx

★ CaNaDa Eh ★
whats up guys hope everyone had a great holiday.
Time to upgrade my computer and well it seems like a bunch of poop heads work at my local computer store and not helpful whats to ever. So i resort to the forum :)

I'm looking for a motherboard. AM3 socket, DDR3 ram slots, and usb 3.0 and my price range is about $60 - $100 tops.
The motherboard must be compatible with either AMD Athlon II x4 640 or AMD Phenom II x4 955

This question in general is aimed at LJ :buttshaker:

Do companies even do that anymore Lj? I know my Asia ati motherboard has an nvidia in it.

I like the MSI and Asus. Id go with ATI thats all I iv ever upgraded to and I like the outcome. Same as my brother.
I have about 20 motherboards bookmarked and well I made this thread to kinda sum them all up and now it's down to two :p

And the USB 3.O isn't really needed, I just picked up a internal 3.5" 4 port USB 3.0 and well my mob doesn't have 3.0 hook ups. It's was only $15 so I'll take that back and get a fan or something .

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah i forgot all about tiger direct, it's only a 20 minute drive from me too. Since that biostar requires a $20 mail in rebate i looked around and found a decent Asus MOB.

Asus-
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6321553&srkey=a455-2993

For the CPU, ill go with the Phenom, it's only $18 more then the Athlon.

AMD Phenom-
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1742344&srkey=a790960

The Asus is Sata3 too if i'm not mistaken.

that combo will work awsome for ya what ram you going with and you going onboard video or no

Picked up some Kingston 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 on boxing day for $30 and for now ill keep the on-board video card. Maybe later ill throw in a new card. Nothing fancy, it's not like i play games on PC so the on-board might be good enough.

Latest posts

Members online

Back