Quick break-in question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martini

Hey everyone, just a quick one,

Just got my LRP 28rrs3 in the mail today, excited. Going to start break-in tomorrow.

When I ordered the mill I also ordered a rotostart backplate. Although I had no problems with my rotostart on the F4.6 I would like to try the pullstart route this time around.

So the question:

Pull start for break-in??? or will I be pulling my hair out??

I could install the rotostart backplate but its a pain (already in truck).

Just wanted an opinion thanks.

keep the pull start on .. but make sure the knot in the handle is put under it and in the hole right so it don't slip through the handle and then you'll have to re do the pull start..and using pull start allows you to feel the mill breaking in slowly .. but be ready for some serious blisters it has crazy pinch... and as for the roto start .. that mill has way to much pinch for the roto start to e4ven try to turn it over till it gets loser...good luck and have fun ..

I brake in all my engines using the pullstart and have not have any issues yet. You can were a glove on your hand if you don't fancy blisters. I don't get blisters but you may.

you could try cracking your plug for initial starting. I broke my ps a bunch of times with my picco during break in, your mill will be really tight, rebuilding them in the field is a pita

Members online

No members online now.
Back