pullstart or rotostart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellietommy

just wondering what is the best pullstart or rotostart? and also is it easy to change from a rotostart to a pullstart?
cheers paul

It is all in what you like. For me its pullstart cause its one less thing to lug around>

Yes it is pretty much straight forward. You need to pull the motor just replace the back plate from Rolo to Pull. Then reinstall the engine setting the gear mesh on CB and spur and your done.

I found it easier to remove the rear section ( suspension and shock tower ) than the engine. You have easy access to rear of the engine. Also you don't have to reset gear mesh or redoing the loctite on engine bolts. Just my opinion. I'd go with the pull start though. As my roto start broke. So I can't go farther than the drill cord allows lol.

I like pull because less to carry and I can "feel" motor better. If it doesn't start within a few tugs I know something is wrong and should stop.
With Roto it's too easy to be lazy like Moto and just keep trying with it and breaking starting components because of it.

Dave

I was always into the roto start till I got my new Axial .32 mill. Like everyone says just less to carry around and there is nothing like for getting to charge the roto and messing up your day of bashing. Cheers!!:cheers:

Now that I think of it wouldn't the roto motor be perfect for a crawler?

Last edited by a moderator:
i have roto start and i did what to swap for a pull but then i got a second battery for free so i just keep them both charged and its all good, and when i go bashing i just carry a back pack and get a friend to carry it lol hahahaha

Latest posts

Members online

Back