project....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well figured i'd post some pics of of the sav, as it looks atm...

DSC00160.JPG

here's how it looks at the mo...

DSC00161.JPG

my new 2 stage filter i was on about a while ago...

DSC00163.JPG

isn't he a racing driver...? (or should that be 'was')

DSC00164.JPG

there appears to be summit missing...

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great darkshine! Why don't you take some Simple Green and make it look clean and purty.

haha yeah, it is a bit bucked. one reason, we don't get simple green over here, and another being it's still muddy and i cant be bothered to clean it for it to get muddy again. i'll prob blow it over with an air line.

i keep breaking stuff....integy rear cvd broke. front wheel drive savage aint fun...:duel:
DSC00165.JPG

DSC00166.JPG

about 5 mins into a quick bash. glad i had spares box with a std rear dogbone and drive cup...:)

Great Job Dark. Folks like you who inspired me to step over to the other side and mid tank, link mod my truck. The more I look at those IRC shocks the more I like them. Keep up the great work

thanks hop. thanks all for the comments, it's you lot who say well done and the ideas people have given me that have driven me to mod the truck. i am getting more and more impressed with the irc shocks the more i run them. i think the 45 wt is ideal now. a bit more preload on the rear and it handles really well. they soak up the big and small hits really well and remain controlled on the rebound after taking a hit. cv grease in the rear diff has done wonders for the drifting ability also!

well, time for an update.
but first, happy saint paddys day for yesterday to one and all.

DSC001851.JPG

here's me on the left after a few pints of the black stuff!

DSC00174.JPG

i got a supercharger off the bay a little while ago, and have just (finally) finished fittinig it! thought i'd post up before it gets a caneing!

DSC00175.JPG

here's a test fit before the flywheel turned up.

DSC001901.JPG

it's all on/in!!

DSC00191.JPG

i had to make a bit of a hole in the rear window to let the blower fit.

DSC00193.JPG

i had to make a mount up and screw the s mount into the heatsink to get it so the belt didn't rub on the carb to sc pipe.

DSC00194.JPG

here is everything, plumbed in.

right, quick update.
i know this has been done to death, but i'm gunna add my 2c anyways!

superchargers.

if i'm honest i got mine cos it was on ebay, i had some spare money and think they are cool!!
now, i've spent the day (well, afternoon) sorting out the tuning on the now blown k4.6 mill. i kave gone from 18/49 back to a 17 cb and it accellerates really well, and i accept that has something do do with it.
but throttle response. now normally aspirated engines usually have a better throttle response (due to the compressors', be it super or turbo charger's lag-ie they will take a little while to spool up and produce positive boost, below this rmp, they are just a restriction in the inlet tract) but omfg, this thing is mental. it's really improved it, the reason for this, i believe (and what seems logical to me) is the supercharger is pushing more fuel and air through the engine, and yes as people say, it blows straight through the mill, as the timing of a stroker demotes this. but i believe this is where the throttle response is improved, the engine has no excess oil/fuel inside it to 'clog' the engine up.
my 2c, and people may still say superchargers are crap, but i've tried one, and it works well for me. it seems the engine is more torquey also, a dollop of grunt available mid-range-it's made the engine much more responsive and just seem to get up and bugger off, whereas before it would take a bit to get it going.
i have no test results of this, but i know what my truck is/was like, so there! :p

que the 'no your'e wrong responses!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back