project....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[hs] darkshine;13945 said:
it was untill i was chatting with jt last night about his plans on hops mid tank.

Once again your blaming me :duel: :hardlaugh:lol... keep up the good work though, its looking good. ;)

well in all it's been a 50/50 day, i finished the moving stuff about bit, but when bashing (to test it, obviously) i broke a shock...:nutshot:
anyways, here's pics of the day...minus the carnage!

DSC00115.JPG

as i said earlier in the thread, the battery has been re-located, here for the time being.

DSC00116.JPG

the same from above, it's tight, but it does fit nice and snug.

DSC00117.JPG

i removed one of the tvp's for access and made a plateto support the rx and failsafe.

DSC00118.JPG

it's a nice fit.

DSC00119.JPG

here with the rx in place.

DSC00120.JPG

battery to switch cable run. connector stuck to skid plate, to stop it moving.

DSC00121.JPG

throttle servo cable run alongside it.

DSC00122.JPG

everything in place, the failsafe is below the switch, the antenna through the hole in the tank. the battery level indicator was screwed to the lst mounts, and the remaining cables bundled up behind the shock tower. it looks a lot neater, imo. :motorcycle:

Now we need pics of the carnage.

right, for the evil buggers who like to see damage here we are...
DSC00152.JPG

not that bad really.

DSC00153.JPG

i cant see a fatigue line, so i think it was weak. i dunno...:nutshot:

DSC00154.JPG

here she is.

DSC00155.JPG

i think it has a nice rear end. i should get my ribbed pipe, new air filter, 45 wt shock oil tomorro, dunno about the irc stuff... i'll let everyone know wht difference the thicker oil makes.

That isn't as bad as it could have been, interesting on where it broke though.:scratch:

well i got bored earlier...fabricated a roll cage.

DSC00156.JPG

had some m5 bar stock lying around, so cut some lengths, heateing here to bend em.

DSC00157.JPG

one bar in...

DSC00158.JPG

two bars in...

DSC00159.JPG

all done, some heat shrink to tidy it up. should stop my head being ruined...:bang:

cool cage! i made one like that but used this rubber glue to hold it on so it can still flex at the point where it goes in to the shell.
good job
4x4

as you might be able to see, i used a couple of bits of ally to stop the bars pulling through the shell, one over the body mounts, the other above the window...

[hs] darkshine;14187 said:
as you might be able to see, i used a couple of bits of ally to stop the bars pulling through the shell, one over the body mounts, the other above the window...

i see the ally strips you've done a good job. whats your next project?

mod the schumacher air filter i got this morning to fit somewhere other than the norm, like i did with the pipercross filter i had. then it'll be a case of repair/replace whatever breaks next. i would like to get a tighter turning circle, so i may look at doing summit with that...;)

yeah, just where the tap ends. i dunno, as i said i cant see a fatigue line/mark on the rod, but it was the same shock that took a full on front end from my mates front wheel...:bang: :nutshot: :bang:

oh, couldn't do anything with the parts i have atm, with that air filter, if i did, the throttle servo is in the way, along with the brake linkage, where i was going to put it would have a lot of 90's in the inlet pipe, which i didn't see the point of doing, so it's on top of the centre tranny box. don't like it, wanna do summit different with it, but for the moment being, it'll do!

well my 2nd hand ribbed pipe turned up this morn, slapped on, it looks old and tatty, but after today's bashing i'll polish it up i reckon.
the front end is wearing a pair of standard shox with loads of clips to add a lot of pre-load. the irc seem to be better with the 45wt oil, maybe 40 would have been better, but i'll report back after this mornings bashings!!
:DJjam: :chainkiller: :DJjam:

omfg the ribbed pipe is loud.
broke a servo horn (steering) dunno what that was about...
really need to get the irc shox back on the front end, so un balenced at the mo...45wt is good tho. i think cos it's made them have more compression damping, it weelies a lot easier. only thing is it boggs down when it hits 3rd... first to second fine, soon as third, bllllleeeeerrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhh...think the air filter has made it run too lean, or rich. i'll take it out at the weekend or tomorro for a propper tune up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back