Project XLLL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks awesome! But i would be quite annoyed that so much altering was required?
I am always up for a little bit of work, but seems like you had to do a little more than needed! Considering the price !

BUT DAMN DOES IT LOOK GOOD! especially with the orange!

Yeah I'm a little disappointed with the fit after paying so much, now I need to work on the top bolt holes on the towers, there a fraction to high. But that said I do love the look and weight saving I get from them, I think it might be about the same weight as the old flux without batteries then this one has them. :Xfingers:

The motor mount holes on the right side of the motor plate was the main reason I had trouble with the tvp. I think I ended up taking too much off the tranny slot, I might try ca'ing a piece of zip tie in there to fill the gap "i made":duh:

It looks awesome man, i never had any fitment issues on my nitro set-up but like you said the weight savings will compensate for the work you had to do. keep it up with all the pictures.

got the shock tower sorted, thanks Freddy.:thumb:
enlarged the holes
DSCF1647.jpg

used flat head screws to cover the bigger holes
DSCF1649.jpg

there was a small gap on the diff cover
DSCF1659.jpg

closes up when you tighten the screws up
DSCF1661.jpg

wing stay on the mounting plate
DSCF1662.jpg

only problem is it mounts to the tower in the same place as the body mounts so they block each.
DSCF1670.jpg

I've e-mailed Jason hopefully he can tell where I @#$%&! up. :duh:

:cheers:

started on the tvp's today, I just need to take a little of the top of the pins holes and they went on nice and tight.
DSCF1678.jpg

DSCF1673.jpg

DSCF1672.jpg

DSCF1671.jpg

skid mounts
DSCF1675.jpg

DSCF1689.jpg

the long chassis Baja Bug body should fit nicely :cool:
DSCF1682.jpg

the the Ford XR8 ute body I got just for show is a little short. it's a thin touring car body so no good for bashing.
DSCF1683.jpg

DSCF1686.jpg

DSCF1684.jpg

the bulkhaed lower plate are gonna be a little tricky, they'll need quite a bit of bending. doesn't look like there any lose of caster. anyone got any tips on making fitting easier? cornfused
DSCF1694.jpg

DSCF1692.jpg

the lower plates don't have the tab hole so I'll swap them with the skid braces. I'm going to cut the skid plate wide enough to protect to bottom of the tvp's and was going to need a spacer between the brace and the skid so it'll work out nicely swapping them.

i modded my prc wing mount to fit the lcg towers. cant recall how, i'll have a look at it tonight.

on the skids, id try mounting the brace side first then using the screws in the bulk to tighten it down. :dunno:

That looks like a serious fitment issue! Didn't seem right at all????

The bodies will look awesome when done!

what i did for my bulk head plates was install everything, and when your ready to put the screws in, and attach the front and rear sections, just place the plate on the corner of your work bench, push down and then put the screws in. If you try to put them in when its straight you will just strip the pieces. hope this makes sense. looks good btw.

thanks Mickey

i modded my prc wing mount to fit the lcg towers. cant recall how, i'll have a look at it tonight.

on the skids, id try mounting the brace side first then using the screws in the bulk to tighten it down. :dunno:

did you get the new PRC213 wing mount or the old style one?

ok that sounds like it'll work. I screwed the cf plates to the alloy ones and they bent very easily, I'll leave them screwed to the alloy plates until I'm ready to fit. thanks Freddy

what i did for my bulk head plates was install everything, and when your ready to put the screws in, and attach the front and rear sections, just place the plate on the corner of your work bench, push down and then put the screws in. If you try to put them in when its straight you will just strip the pieces. hope this makes sense. looks good btw.

yeah I sort of understand what your saying, sort of. only joking thanks 88

That looks like a serious fitment issue! Didn't seem right at all????

The bodies will look awesome when done!

the towers do needed work to open up the 4mm holes to 6mm, once that was done that fitted perfect.

the lower plates may look strange, but it shouldn't be a problem.

the tvp's fitting issues I had were my fault, I should not have tighten the braces to the motor plate when I was test fitting the motor/tranny to the tvp's, if they had been loose it wouldn't have a problem.
so let that be a lesson to anyone else who want to get these great products from PRC.

did they hold that bend after you removed the alloy? lets see em on the truck now.

well I was worried about nothing they went easy, the only issue was again the hole alignment but the dremel fixed that.
DSCF1776.jpg
DSCF1773.jpg

I screwed it to the bulks first then to the steering posts. some of the pix may be dark the flash on my camera poop itself.

got most of the chassis together the ESC is a little close to the outdrive, so I'm going to make a guard to go under the ESC, just in case.
DSCF1754.jpg

DSCF1719.jpg

DSCF1711.jpg

I'll also have to remove one spacer on the steering for the same reason
DSCF1710.jpg

is this mount on the tranny for the reverse module? I want to cut it off.
DSCF1714.jpg

the RX box will mount to the servo mount
DSCF1758.jpg

fitted the front end to test the steering throw
DSCF1763.jpg

the left side. the servo saver hits the servo mount
DSCF1778.jpg
DSCF1779.jpg

the right side.
DSCF1781.jpg
DSCF1782.jpg

I fitted the tyres and I want more steering on both sides so I'm going to have do some modding.
I can't believe how light this thing is.:rock1::blpower:

glad you got it all together!

Looks AWWEESSOMMEE!!! I'm quite jealous!!!

Have you considered upgrading to the savage suspension conversion kit?
add a bit more orange bling once you re anodize it, add strenth, more steering throw, and get rid of the rear tie rods!

The ESC does look scary close to the outdrive.. I'm sure it would never hit anyway but can never be too careful! peace of mind is best :)

comin together nicely. whats with the plastic skid mounts? dump those and get the alloy :slapped:

also, with the lcg tires i skipped the suspension conversion and got integy carriers front and back (which i love) plus you got truggy shocks and the sway bars so your gonna get a sick roll center.

here is the steering-throw with stock bell-crank, turnbuckles and integy carriers and hubs:

DSC_0075.jpg

Nice! Very nice! Waiting on my prc to come anyday now. Just wondering where you got the upper and lower c/f arm braces from?

glad you got it all together!

Looks AWWEESSOMMEE!!! I'm quite jealous!!!

Have you considered upgrading to the savage suspension conversion kit?
add a bit more orange bling once you re anodize it, add strenth, more steering throw, and get rid of the rear tie rods!

The ESC does look scary close to the outdrive.. I'm sure it would never hit anyway but can never be too careful! peace of mind is best :)

Thanks Josh :buttshaker::thumb:

It's not the carriers limiting the steering it's the servo mount. I think a couple of mil of the mount and arm will fix it.:Xfingers:
I've thought about getting the rsc, but it's way over priced, imo.

comin together nicely. whats with the plastic skid mounts? dump those and get the alloy :slapped:

also, with the lcg tires i skipped the suspension conversion and got integy carriers front and back (which i love) plus you got truggy shocks and the sway bars so your gonna get a sick roll center.

here is the steering-throw with stock bell-crank, turnbuckles and integy carriers and hubs:

Thanks Freddy. those are the lower plate braces, but yeah I want to get alloy braces.

I want to get alloy carriers just don't know which ones to get. I like the look of the Atomic's but don't like the idea of a plastic spacer around the bearings. Why they don't just make them 16mm has got me bad word.
I wasn't sure how good the integy's were, but if they are handling your abuse. I'll have to look at getting some on the front.

one more note on the integy front carriers vs the hpi suspension conversion:
the integy's are tougher x10. the suspension conversion will lower your roll center (which you wont really need to worry about because your addition of the lcg towers & sway bars), but the integy's are stronger. and much stronger at that.

neither have i... and my heavy elephant takes some horrible front wheel landings...

I did bust a rear one though. The bearings failed and blew on the inside and the outside bearing blew and got stuck... the axle was wobbling around and chewed the inside of the hub...

THis may have been my fault as i just continued to drive although i knew the bearings blew... i didnt realise the inside of the hub would be chewed up by the SHD Axle

2010-10-18072000.jpg

2010-10-18072201.jpg

THe pinion stripped during a high speed run, leaving me with no brakes!!! crashing into a post but thanks to the nylon cage... the force from the impact was absorbed.

Latest posts

Members online

Back