project 6x6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redneck

so u can't tune sorry
so guys picked up some stuff and this is what i ending up doing with it more pics/vids to come
P3310020.jpg

P3310019.jpg

P3280017.jpg

P3280005.jpg

I am building a small dock. I decided to fix it rather than float it. I also am using 6x6 support posts instead of 4x4. The deck itself will be 8x12.

Here's my question, the pond bottom is muddy, likely a little clay under the muck. I am thinking I can dig down 1-2'in the pond for the support post, probably not more since I am working in 2' of water with just a post hole digger!

I was going to dig down 1-2', set the post, and concrete it. They have concrete that will dry in water, but I have since been told all concrete will be set in water, just takes a little longer.

While looking for options I saw these pre-formed concrete supports (see the picture). Has anybody used them? Do they work, will they sink in the muck (they do have a wide base)?

I am also thinking about digging down 6-12' and setting the pre-formed concrete support in that.

Thanks, and I am open to ideas on how to set these 6x6 posts! I know a 4x4 can be sledded hammered in some, but a 6x6 would be a challenge!

Thanks in advance again!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back