Probably get flamed for this...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMRbrnSNRbrd

But, with the high cost of nitro, is anyone attempting or has anyone attempted to make their own? I found some recipes online that seem to have been tested, but I just wonder if it's really any cheaper...the 20% recipe I found was as follows:

Formula for 1 gallon:

20%/12% nitro/oil
nitro: 25.6 oz
oil: 15.4 oz
methanol: 87 oz

If you must flame, then please do. I'm not a cheap person but I'm willing to save some $$$ when possible.

Anyone that flames on this site, don't stay on this site....

Sorry to let you down but it wont happen.

Methanol 99%
Technical Grade

MSDS Sheet

There is a $20 shipping surcharge on each hazardous material ordered.

Product ID: r-655-32

Methanol,T (32 oz.)
Price: $12.31 per unit, orders of 5 or more in incur a $20 hazardous charge per case.
( http://www.cqconcepts.com/chem_methanol.php )

With the charges for shipping it doesnt look like it will save you much.

I have some friends that make a pretty good brew. If you can get the components locally you will save money. They make 5 gallons at a time at about 12$ a gallon.

Thats a great question and there are those who blend their own.

This is a flame free forum, the only thing that happens is the flamer gets a treat.. :ban22:

They get the nitro from a gas station that sells it. If there are drag racers around you, it should be able to be found. We also have a Klotz factory close so its readily available also.

I guess Ill have to ask around and see whats available. It would be nice to make the fuel for have the price..

Are we saying that "Nitro" is the same as Methanol plus a few other ingredients? So any place that sells race fuel for a sprint car, Late model, or any other high performance racing engine is the same thing, you just need to add the other ingredents?

Ecough

are you talking about cam 2?

Not Cam II you can put that in street cars and you do not need to change fuel system settings. It take's about twice as big of jets to run Methanol. What about the Nitro Methane, where can you buy that?

Members online

No members online now.
Back