Post your tire and rim setup pics

Wilson

0312161646.jpg 0312161646a.jpg Thought I would post up my newest setup, some 40 series proline volosity wheels with proline bowties mounted on them. I came across these at a swap meet and had to grab them up.

I have these IMEX Jumbo Maxx tires I took off another truck I bought. They are way offset but gives me stability and major grip in the dirt. They are the ones in my profile picture. I'm going to try ProLine Big Joes, next. I still have the stock wheels with the Terrapin tires but man, they seem so unstable compared these.

Attachments

Red cat avalanche rubber and rims on my x, running rich for break in. Not quite a gallon yet.. check out oil residue on back rim..lol 20170702_092257.jpg

Last edited:

xtremsavage

OG HPISF MEMBER!!!!!
Since my last posted pics are gone, here's some new ones. Runnin Pro-line Badlands on Blue groove dual offset rims. The rims can be taken off and spinned 180° and ran without an offset. Unfortunately, these rims are obsolete. 20180518_205547.jpg 20180518_205645.jpg 20180518_205726.jpg

Got a set of the tall trenchers on my flux. I really like the cushion they add to the landings.
Question on your wheelie bar, saw one like that on ebay for $20 or so, but the picture made it seem like it just came with the bar and wheels attached, did yours come as just that or was it with the wave looking mount? Also how do you like it? Better than HPIs single wheel?

olds97_lss

Question on your wheelie bar, saw one like that on ebay for $20 or so, but the picture made it seem like it just came with the bar and wheels attached, did yours come as just that or was it with the wave looking mount? Also how do you like it? Better than HPIs single wheel?
It's a 2 piece combo. You have to buy the bumper and wheelie bar, then assemble it. I like it a lot better than the stock one. It really helps the rear of the body not catch the grass and get destroyed in 2 minutes when you wheelie. I have the same setup on my X and FluxHP.

I did run a piece of cable through it around the stock bumper/skid so if it caught the ground when carthweeling, it's less likely it would catch and get pealed off the truck as the only thing holding it on are the 4 screws on the bottom.

ELWOOD

Hear is what I have been running for years, Maximizer Beadlocks and HPI GT M/T tires . Love the Beadlock , Hate the Glue.
Apparently Maximizer is No More.
Paddles are from Panther ,for Dunes/ Glamis

SAVAGE FLUX BODY-1.JPG
20181001_160515[1].jpg

Last edited: