poll: savage xl...which engine is best & why

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro fury

1. Ofna picco .28, 8 port abc pull start $199.99
2. Lrp zr.30 spec2 5 port pull start $189.99
3. Lrp zr.30 x non pull start compitition engine $199.99
4. Os 30vg (p) $249.99
these were some engines i liked and would replace the (.36) 5.9cc nitrostar with. I obviously want wheelies and endless top speeds. Also an engine easy to tune, last longer, quality, and to out run the xl 5.9 engine all day long.

It would be between the Picco P3 .28 and the LRP .28.
Some guys will say different things but .28's give out more rpms then .30's, some will say if they could they would run .21's in the savage.

Now the picco is a bit hard to tune but can be done. The LRP .28 is a little easier and has a lot of power. I'v never ran the picco or lrp but iv heard very good things about the two. and remember bigger isn't always better.

Yeah like I said before in another thread the picco is a deft mill to get modded. The LRP is a mill where right after break-in it will rip, no need to mod a LRP.

you guys don't like the 30+ engines...why. seems like the 28 is the best bet or what.

get the non-pull start outtie your poll brother, bumpers wont work with tvp's unless your interested in coming up with some other type of starter.

get the non-pull start outtie your poll brother, bumpers wont work with tvp's unless your interested in coming up with some other type of starter.

read the poll AND WAS HOPING SOMEONE WOULD CATCH THAT ..

i run lrps .... the 28... and the 30 both scream ... imo... on the lrp.. the 30 is a slight stronger mill so you can gear it better to gain alot more speed ... but the 28 is a nice all around drop in mill that rips with out modding .. if your stuck on going bigger .. then the lrp 30 will make you very happy.... you will not lose any rpm with the 30 over the 28 in the lrp family.... but the fuel consumption isnt as good with the 30 over the 28.... so it comes down to your personal want n choice ... cant go wrong with either lrps though.....hope this helps .....

hey. i have the lrp .30 and i love it. the power is intense and the top end is great. i don't have any experience with the picco so cant give a fair judgement. but just wonted to say that i love my lrp lol.:bigsmilie:

ok guys...since my k9 5.9 motor is broken, now gotta get a new on. i've zeroed in these two...lrp .30 & picco z.28r spec3. kind of leaning towards the lrp .30 though.

I say Picco. I am still breaking in and it already has tons of power. Well anything has tons of power compaired to my wore out .21. It has been user friendly too hasn't stalled once on me and is easy to start, always a bonus.

nobody likes the OS 30? I want to replace my 5.9 also but really want to keep it roto start. Sounds like LRP is the way to go. Please help

lets say if i went with the lpr.30, do i reuse the collet, flywheel, slipper, clutch,and clutchbell off my nitro k9 engine onto the lrp.30?

i noticed the carb on the lrp.30 is turned the opposite direction. can i just turn it the other way

i noticed the carb on the lrp.30 is turned the opposite direction. can i just turn it the other way

Yup you just loosen the screw below the crab about 1/4 of the way and tap the screw driver to loosen the lock mechanism. then flip it around to where you need it. You will also have to adjust the piece on the slide to match the direction of your throttle / break linkage .

Members online

No members online now.
Back