Picco .28 Drag mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I got a chance to open the box and look at the motor. Wow I am loving the new head design and the carb has something interesting the lsn is not tapered. Not sure how that works.

I do have a few questions though. The carb settings are very odd. The LSN is sticking very far out from flush and the HSN looks to be turned in from flush about 1 turn.

I know that this is a completly new carb from picco but just wondering if I could get some help on those settings. Should I leave them as is or set them to flush?

Well I got a chance to open the box and look at the motor. Wow I am loving the new head design and the carb has something interesting the lsn is not tapered. Not sure how that works.

Picco .26's from a few years back had a tapered LSN and came with an extra blunt end needle, all the .28's have got a blunt end LSN. This gives a more snappy throttle response.

I do have a few questions though. The carb settings are very odd. The LSN is sticking very far out from flush and the HSN looks to be turned in from flush about 1 turn.

I know that this is a completly new carb from picco but just wondering if I could get some help on those settings. Should I leave them as is or set them to flush?

Being the newest version of carb, I doubt you will find much info as they have only just become available. It's a good idea to get vid of it running for the first time, I can tell you exactly what to do with it if there are any issues.

Sounds good Robin. I am sure once I get it going tuning will be simple enough just was wondering about the starting point.

Here is the lsn setting stock.
DSCN1236.jpg

DSCN1237.jpg

DSCN1238.jpg

DSCN1230.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
let the games begin!!!!!!!!

if he breaks iit in right....it's gonna last a long time with the right maintenance...

Yea mine was the same way and i left it alone and it fired right up! did not touch any settings for about 5 to 6 tanks in! just today i started tuning a little but the pinch is still tight! takes patience with these motors thats for sure!! had mine for 2 weeks now.

Well started installing this thing this morning before work. Picked up an 18 tooth cb so I have to do a little moding to make it fit. Had to do a little work to the 086 header as well to get it to work in the right direction.

Got the picco put in along with everything else. Here are a few pics and a vid from today. Just started breakin.

Nice looking truck Pope!!

Okay vids taking forever to load.

Well I am very impressed. I couldn't preheat it. (AJ's preheat lamp died) It fired first or second pull all day. It is very powerfull you can tell that even with it being as rich as it is for break in and with only minor throtal. I had to dial up the expo to 30% so I could get it to roll up nice and easy. Got about 600cc's through it so far.

hey pope, just out of curiousity what gearing are you running? the reason I'm asking is i have a set of offset truggy tires that are about the same size as the badlands but only have 15/49 gearing at the moment "stock for rtr 4.1" and I'm just wondering if it would be ok to run them with my gearing..

I run 16/47 on the picco .26 I have runs great. For the new motor I went with 18/48 I don't know what I will go with in the end though

Put the truck on a stand since I can't do it out in the rain and run a tank or two through it depending on how much time I have.

u saying your gonna run that sweet mill with no load? Better not let Robin hear that or he will :slapped: and take his mill back.

i've never idled my engines for break in, i may be wrong but excessive idiling isnt good for any other engine so i figure its likely not good for a nitro engine either.. but I'm not even close to being a engine "expert" so i may be wrong.......

yea Alex.........the engine needs a load and the parts need to be heat cycled under alternating temps....no load=no good=no power=ticked off owner for no reason!

See learn something new everyday. This is why I am posting up every little detail of this so I don't make a mistake. Good news though no rain at home so hot to run another cycle through it tonight this time running it up to 1 quarter throtal. Sorry no vids though. Lowered the idle down and leaned out the HSn a bit as it was way out from flush and running far to rich.

Latest posts

Members online

Back