Parks450's super duper build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parks450

Figure I'll start one of these to help keep track of parts, and to help any other members out on anything I may run into or they have. Also it's nice to show off lol.

Anyways, I got an offer on my savage a few weeks ago that I couldn't pass up so I sold it. But I have regretted it since. I purchased a Losi mtxl and love it, but still wanted my savage back. So I started the hunt for one and can across a deal I couldn't pass on. It is a basket case, but a very nice one. It came with an ass load of high end parts that are installed or brand new never installed. It needs a few things, like servos, a tank, and mounts and some small odds and ends but mostly complete. I have some things on order already to get this going.

Truck has a lot of high end parts, has BP diffs, FLM tvp, modified picco p3, belted tires/ wheels, FLM bulk heads, 3 speed, Ercm pipe, rpm upper/ lower arms, and a ton of extra from FLM and other brands.

Now I am torn on what way I want to go with the fuel tank on this. I for sure am not doing the factory tank. So I either want to mount a 150cc hellfire tank on the side like factory, or do a mid tank mod. Please post your opinions and I welcome any input you guys may may have or suggestions.

Anyways onto the pics, first couple are going to be of my old savage that's I sold, and a couple of my current mtxl which isn't going anywhere.

Old savage:
20180111_170605.jpg 20180108_163850.jpg
My current beast: Losi mtxl, soon to have a OBR 34cc 9.4HP stroker
11444.jpeg received_2357217020970760.jpeg

New build:
12382.jpg 12394.jpeg 12404.jpeg 12399.jpeg 12396.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
is the truck listed in the first pics the truck that you sold?

Yes, the one with the black roll cage is my previous savage I sold. The other truck is my 1/5 scale mtxl that I currently own. Not sure why my welder is in there lol

Last edited:
Yes, the one with the black roll cage is my previous savage I sold. The other truck is my 1/5 scale mtxl that I currently own. Not sure why my welder is in there lol

I removed it for you. If you still want it there, I can put it back. :D

That looks great, all FLM basicly, very nice tuned pipe and parts.

I almost bought one exactly like that same tires and everything, but couldnt make a deal on shipping, err

Its hard to tell is it a XL length?

That looks great, all FLM basicly, very nice tuned pipe and parts.

I almost bought one exactly like that same tires and everything, but couldnt make a deal on shipping, err

Its hard to tell is it a XL length?

If it was on Facebook this is the same one likely lol. No it's just regular length

Forgot to mention the shock towers and wing mount is custom made, so nothing else like it. Which is cool

What wheel and tires are those they look killer on you rig

They are the src terrain crushers, I decided I'm going to the flm xl tvp's. I want the bigger look, and I think the tires will look even better being more proportional

I do as well lol. I guess we will see what happens here, I'm still debating on a mid tank mod or just making a hellfire tank work in place of the stock tank. A lot of extra work and money just to move it when a different tank in the stock location can fix the issue.

I've seen a mod where a guy drilled and taped a pressure fitting into the tank to relocate where the motor gets it fuel from. haven't tried it yet but have the stuff to do it.

That would work I believe. Don't see why it wouldn't. I don't have a tank with it, so I figure might as well get a sleeker looking tank

Well ordered about everything I needed, probably close to $500 in parts. Some stuff wasn't needed but we know how that goes lol. Decided to do the flm extended tvp, and to do a hellfire fuel tank in place of the stock one. Not going to do a mid tank, to much hassle, plus I have a few ofna kits to use to might as well. Have more parts ordered from amain, and some more from a buddy ordered as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180207-215634.png
    Screenshot_20180207-215634.png
    531.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20180207-215649.png
    Screenshot_20180207-215649.png
    438.8 KB · Views: 4
What company makes those front and rear purple knuckles? I'm looking to buy a set or two for my trucks and the only ones I've found are the integy/Chinese brand ones for $30+, Id rather make my own or get a set like that if possible, Thanks!

What company makes those front and rear purple knuckles? I'm looking to buy a set or two for my trucks and the only ones I've found are the integy/Chinese brand ones for $30+, Id rather make my own or get a set like that if possible, Thanks!

It's the hpi conversion kit. They are $170 if you buy them new, or better yet if you can find them. They are about the best you can get as far as quality and purpose and a very useful upgrade.

What are you guys running for bodies, XL size. Thinking about using a short course body, there are not many bodies I like that will fit the XL. Not interested in doing the side topkick body, post pics of your guys XL trio from, need some ideas.

Found this body and love it, but not sure who
Makes it, anyone know?received_10155650296124580.jpeg

I'm really not sure, I looked that up and it's a little different. Still haven't found anything on it.

It's a proline desert rat. They are discontinued but I managed to find a few. Thinking it's the body I'll use.

It's a little different, those look like flm arms on it to. Mine has rpm arms, and the towers on mine are custom made, only one set like them. But it ujs very similar

Latest posts

Members online

Back