Parker's pride and joy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Double-O-Zilch

BASHMASTER
I finally got the savy running again. Some of you may remember my little accident. If not, click below.

Hurt savy

I replaced everything that broke and added a new F4.6 with a Nova cooling head and HPI polished pipe. She is running strong! I shortly there after rebuilt her. I've added diff fluid, 20,000wt up front and 10,000wt in the rear. I also rebuilt the shocks and added two .060 holes 90 degrees off the .040 holes in the piston. I went with 35wt in the rear and 45wt in the front with the HPI green springs. To the engine I added the Mugen pilot nut, 1.0 springs and aluminum shoes. I went with an 18 tooth CB and 47 tooth spur. Speed!!. I liked the way the JConcepts Rulux 1/2 offest rims looked and wrapped'em in standard mt Crimefighters. A Spektrum DX3 is now in control. A RC Screws SS screw kit is pretty but we''ll soon see how strong! I checked all the bearings but have since got a whole bearing kit from SMF. Here she is and she won't even be run like this now!

102_1887.jpg

102_1888.jpg

102_1889.jpg

Soon you will see her with Platinum RC carbon fiber ext LCG TVP's, servo plate, skid plate and LCG shock towers. I went with the FLM engine plate and servo mounts. She's gonna be a mid tank with the Ofna 250cc tank. I put the HT Spektrum servo on the throttle and have a JR HT MG on the steering. (forgot wich one). I have a Parma X-Citer savage body but just can't get the paint figured out yet. I'm sure I'm leaving some parts out but I'll put up pics of the build-up soon. I plan on trying to race this summer so any help you guys can offer would be awesome. The two problems I have now is which pipe to get with the LRP spec3 engine and a good set of 138mm shocks. (Hellfire size shocks).

Thanks Jester! I got some vids and pics on my camera of her before the rebuild with an Escalade body. They'll be the benchmark from which I'll judge the overhaul.

looking sweeeet parker!!!:resp:

Very nice man. Those Nova heads rock. It's always nice when bling actually functions.

I thought for sure it was a gonner for sure....looks pretty sharp. Try not to bust this engine in half !:motorcycle:

I love the looks of that truck. great job. GO TEAM SHORT BUSS!!

I'd leave the engine the way it is until after you start racing. The less power you have to start racing, the more time you will spend on your wheels on the track.

Thanks guys! I will try to keep her in one piece this time. I'm gonna run the F4.6 for practice and fun. I'm still waiting for the LHS to get my LRP in. It's been a few weeks already, slackers. I got some more parts today and I'm pretty much waiting on the LRP and RPM arms. Back to building!

Dude...is that toys for big boys (the track) in the pics, if so I live right down the street!!!!!!

Gotta get together and run the trucks man...nice to see another in sa town!!

Yes it is jcam54! It's great to find another savy enthusiast so close. As soon as I finish the rebuild we'll have to get together. If you need anything let me know as I'm up there every other day if not every day. Just depends on if I need parts or not!

Thanks parkermarsh, I live right down the street by Pompei Italian resturant. Got a project going on too...complete cf kit and major overhaul, one trucks down but the other two are running...pm me when your ready to run!

Here's a little teaser for ya fellas. I started resizeing the pics and will go back and fix the others later. The body is gunmetal and flouresent green.

100_0176.jpg

100_0180.jpg

Here's some pics of problems I'm having. Any ideas you have would be appreciated. I always miss the easy fix!

Here the rear diff bulk is not matching the TVPs as well as I would like. The aluminum plate on the bottom is screwed in and I got a gap where it should be flush. This is after some hammering the plate, (to bend it) to get the screws in. The rear bulk also does not line up in both TVPs, as it's going in. I've already oblonged a hole to make it better but think the Dremel is in order and no more hammer! You really can't tell but look close where the pin and screw go into the diff bulk and you can see a gap.

100_0178.jpg

Again you may not be able to see but I had to use countersunk screws to hold the engine to the engine mount to get it under the TVP on this side. I really don't like countersunk screws here but do not want to cut into the CF. (I'll get a better pic in the sun)

100_0182.jpg

Some of you already have the Platinum RC CF chassis and similar others, I was wondering if you experienced the same and what you did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man You have problems there man ... I Would want some replacement tvp's

You shouldn't need to bore out the holes and USE A HAMMER ???? to make it fit ...

I forgot to mention that the rear bulk is brand new so it's not bent or warped yet. I'm not giving up yet, I'll keep trying till it just won't work, hammer is on standby at all times!

I have Larsen and Parker working together on this. Parker your setup is looking real nice. Be sure to take a few more pics once she's finished.

I have installed 3 sets my self with no issues. The rear lower alum plate doesn't line up perfectly with the TVP's but there is no need for a hammer or dremal. This also has nothing to do with structural integrate as it will not affect strength. I will make changes to my program to correct this for all future runs.

I'm not sure what gearing you are running to place the engine that far into the TVPs but if you are having issues here you would have the same issues with the FLM TVP's because the bottom of this piece you are talking about hitting is the same hight as there's.

HOP and Justin did you have these issues when installing???

I'll take a few more before she's done Hop! The list of parts going into this savy has me giddy like a school girl! Just been taking a little break waiting on more parts.

Edit:
The gearing now is 16/49. I went and bought a new CB and spur because the 18/47 had the same problem. I glanced the HPI gearing chart and used recomended gear combos and common sense. A 16 CB is as low as I'm going. Again I may be missing the easy fix, don't hold back guys. Would 16/47 be worth it?

parker, If you would like I could pay to have to ship it here I can take a look and get it togather and ship it back to you. Its up to you. This way I can be sure where the issues are and figgure out exactly whats going on. let me know. Lke I always say Customer Service is #1 in my book.

I have a 10 mega pixel camera and a digital micrometer. That would be easier and I can try to finish the build. I'm really determined! One thing I just thought of, is the FLM eng mount shorter than the stock one? I planned on getting it for my LRP anyway.

I don't believe so. If it were shorter it wouldn't work and would end up being 2 pieces as they couldn't put braces accost the sides.

I will add a relief in the parts for clearance for these bolts. Can you use a Button head screw here, If so and you don't have any let me know and I will send you some.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back