Ozzytime's Wrecked, and Repaired Baja SS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monsterman

Well last Sunday night myself, Ozzytime and a few other local guys got together at Republic Airport "Airport Plaza Parking Lot" anyhow things were going great nitros were tearing up the parking lot, the Baja's were ripping up the pavment..

I took my Baja out and ran for around 25 minutes then Ozzy broke his beast out and ran a bit. Came in and parked it for a few we all stood around and bs'd.. He fired her back up I watched him racing up and down for around 5 minutes then all of a sudden I see him take off running towards the Baja..

SMACK!! Baja + 45MPH + Concrete Light Pole = THIS>>>>>>>

Here's the DAMAGE- Bent Main Chassis, Snapped in half Upper Plate, Busted Shock Tower, 2 Turnbuckles Toast, Steering linkage and servo save toast.. And some more plastic parts, front bumper, bent screws etc..
IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

The Repairs Begin- Front End Assembled New parts include Ramtech Shock Tower, Turtle Racing Upper Plate, stock plastic parts new turnbuckles, steering linkage and servo saver..
IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

Baja back together and 100% Complete Just needs radio now..
IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

While going over things I checked the rx pack and it had juice 6.4 volts so it wasnt a dead battery, the failsafe was set up so I am pretty sure it was the crappy Spectrum 3.0 radio system. So many guys locally and on the boards have had problems with the Spectrum branded radios its not even funny anymore.. I will NEVER own one wont even take one if it were free..

Ozzy is getting a new Futaba 3PM should be here Friday so the Baja will be running again for sure by Saturday or Sunday..

LOL I love seeing wrecks, even when it's me who got the problem. I guess as I see it you have to laugh away the pain of the cost to fix it. But anyways thats a nasty crash, looks good though now.

awww man I'm sorry to see a baja in that kinda shape, sorry to hear about it but thanks for posting the pics even though they almost make ya cringe!!!

good Luck with your new radio, know the frustrations. Nice to see your baja back together.

What spectrum did you have?

Members online

No members online now.
Back