Optional Exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deephis

Looking for optional exhaust for Octane. What are optional exhausts available out there? I saw VRC and LRP exhaust but they are rare to be found.

deephis

Hi paul, I have already done that High Flow exhaust mod, sounds more quieter. I think it's ok run with it but the performance little bit below than the stock exhaust. Looking exhaust with the sound between them and not lowered the performance.

Btw, what is that shiny metal sheet under the gearbox?

I got a metal skid tray for the Savage XL from eBay and modified it to fit by screwing it to 2 spare engine mount braces and then to the chassis. Not the prettiest but it protects the underside very well. It comes bent to fit the standard XL chassis but is easy to flatten The 4 screws underneath go into the engine mount braces and you will just see the hex-head bolts that attach the mount to the chassis.
IMG_1406.JPG

I got a metal skid tray for the Savage XL from eBay and modified it to fit by screwing it to 2 spare engine mount braces and then to the chassis. Not the prettiest but it protects the underside very well. It comes bent to fit the standard XL chassis but is easy to flatten The 4 screws underneath go into the engine mount braces and you will just see the hex-head bolts that attach the mount to the chassis.
View attachment 1460
RPM doesn't make one for the octane yet? I have the RPM Center Skid on my savage-x and really like it. Keeps crap from getting jammed in your diff cup and sticks/rocks from breaking your brake disks. Doesn't appear they make an XL one yet.

View attachment 1460

Where did you get those shock covers? I wish there was more after market stuff for the Octane...but then again I guess it is still pretty new.

I just now realized the octane has the spur hanging off the side of the truck. Do they make a guard for that? Just curious. And do you have a carbon fiber body on that thing?

Back to topic haha, so anyone know any aftermarket exhausts?

Found on ebay.

OOT, Paulnewman, what is your body in the pic? Looks like a composite body.

Looking for optional exhaust for Octane. What are optional exhausts available out there? I saw VRC and LRP exhaust but they are rare to be found.

deephis

What are you looking for? Performance or cutting down noise?

If your trying to cut down noise, maybe you can get a ddm silencer mounted somehow.
Seems to take a lot of the sharpness out of the exhaust note.

Actually choosing performance.
I have DDM silencer but I don't have any idea how to mounted it, as the exhaust tip pointed down.

Back to topic haha, so anyone know any aftermarket exhausts?

Found on ebay.

OOT, Paulnewman, what is your body in the pic? Looks like a composite body.

Deephis, this is a hand made body in fiberglass and it is as tough as hell. The guys name is Alan Woodall he runs a company called Alan Woodall Crafts - http://www.alanwoodallcrafts.co.uk/pres0012.htm - It is a tight squeeze on the Octane due to the exhaust so he makes them a little bit wider. He is producing some molds for a fiberglass truck very soon but they are not available yet.

This is a link to the Beetle body on eBay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HANDMADE-...25b0dc8fc2:m:m-OicKh4-jNGf2S5hNSM2cA#shpCntId

Where did you get those shock covers? I wish there was more after market stuff for the Octane...but then again I guess it is still pretty new.

Rusty Nail, they are available on eBay and are very cheap. The shocks on the Octane are standard big bore and the covers are available in a range of colours:

These are the ones I bought and they ship worldwide - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HPI-Savag...hash=item3f4ee11710:m:ml8Pk8DtL2Ro4nPYsrB99RA

Hi guys.

I'm after one of these but everywhere seems to be out of stock. Can anyone hope I'm in the UK, would anyone be able to post you UK..
Part number hpi 111295

Many thanks

Attachments

• _20171210_011227.JPG
    _20171210_011227.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 1
Hey OctanePete,
while I cannot help you finding that part, I can highly recommend the LRP/Mielke exhaust. It is way more silent than the stock exhaust but still sounds mean enough (I even prefer this deeper note over the screeching stock exhaust).
It is about € 35-40 here in Germany and shipping to the UK should be no issue (for now...).

http://www.lrp.cc/en/product/octane...plete-aluminum-steel-by-mielke-modelltechnik/

Hey OctanePete,
while I cannot help you finding that part, I can highly recommend the LRP/Mielke exhaust. It is way more silent than the stock exhaust but still sounds mean enough (I even prefer this deeper note over the screeching stock exhaust).
It is about € 35-40 here in Germany and shipping to the UK should be no issue (for now...).

http://www.lrp.cc/en/product/octane...plete-aluminum-steel-by-mielke-modelltechnik/

Top man thank you.. I have found one and ordered it.

Many thanks for your help

Latest posts

Members online

Back