Operation new heartbeat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pope

Well after two years of setting in bags and boxes the savages and other RC's are coming out of retirement. I will update this with pictures and videos as they all get put back together.

Also looking for Ohio bashers.

so your diving back in eh? glad to hear it man. My savage will soon be bashing after a lonnnnnnnnng rest lmao

Well no idea where my hump pack went so need to make a new one but my batteries have been setting for two years do zero balancing and trickle charging them now then will solder up a new pack then I can finally test the electronics.

Glad to hear u r back in the game.Any time u want to bash. Lumberton is the place.To bad u r in Ohio.

I got rid of all 1/8 scale stuff.Runnin all 1/5 scale. If u r ever in the area let me know.Got a few guys every week at lumberton.

5794fca5.jpg

Than I have to finish the FLM one too.
297cbae2.jpg

Okay truck 1 done except the engine. On to truck two.
Yes it's dirty but it's a savage.
And yes that's a can of nitro cleaner right behind it that I may or may not use on it.

02311341.jpg

Well took it out today and tuned it. Must say this OS motor is very simple to tune thinking OS will be my motor of choice from now on.

Anyway got through a tank of fuel and noticed that my rear wheels were neither going under power or locking up under break. So I investigated and found that the right side rear dog bone was slipping in the axle. However I found that the diff had leaked out all it's fluid and a beating was going bad so I ripped it apart and changed the bearings and re lubed the diff with 20k silicon. This was not a simple task as anyone with FLM hybrid bulkheads and the RSC will know. Used some washers in the out drive cups to fix the dogbone issue.

The truck is back together now and I am hoping I will get to test it before the end of the day.

Well I droped a 4.6 HO motor in the stock truck I have and got that all set up as a loner truck. Need the brass slug for the break lever to finish the FLM truck than all three will be up and running again.

Also put a flywheel on the second OS 30 I need some clutch shoes and a motor mount and would like to change it over to a pull start so it can be a back up.

I swithed out the High speed Flux trans gear set for a 3 speed gear set but need to get a 17tooth CB. Currently running a 45tooth spur.

Also swithed front springs from silver to yellow and added 3mm of shims to the rear springs to give it better proformance on the surfaces I am running on around here.

Yes I am. Nice to be back doing it again. Just miss all the guys I ran with and most of all my son who I used to run with almost everyday.

Latest posts

Members online

Back