One Way Bearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nihal

Hi, I just got a Savage X 4.6 with roto start and yet to break in. I just got to find out that there is an issue with the OWB. This is a 14mm bearing right? Is this true and how can I fix it. Sorry new to the hobby

Usually the one way bearing gets saturated with oil causing it to slip, the simple solution is to clean it with motor spray or denatured alcohol and lightly grease it to let it grip the shaft again...as for the size, there are different sizes used for differing things.....some 1 ways and starters use a 12mm bearing.....

Usually the one way bearing gets saturated with oil causing it to slip, the simple solution is to clean it with motor spray or denatured alcohol and lightly grease it to let it grip the shaft again...as for the size, there are different sizes used for differing things.....some 1 ways and starters use a 12mm bearing.....
Can WD40 work? How can I be sure of the size then. Sorry

well if you have a caliper then you can measure the one way hex to check size, or if you have a 14mm hex in a wheel you can do it that way, if it fits a known hex then it is easy to check... and yes wd 40 will clean it out and allow it to grab again also...

I find that 3-in-1 oil works ok too. WD-40 tends to gum things up a bit with grease.

Nitro fuel is a pretty spendy cleaner.... Denatured alcohol is only 7 bux a gallon and goes forever as a cleaner....

some of the 1 way bearings have a plastic inner cage so any cleaner you use will have to be plastic safe, other than that happy cleaning and reoiling.... :D

I have used wd-40 before and it has worked out ok. Alcohol also works out good, wd-40 is just a little easier to spray in there and get it catching again. If you do use wd-40 it's not a bad idea to get some alcohol when you have some extra time to clean it out to keep it from gumming.

I thought a 4.6 with rotostart doesnt have a OWB. It's in the wand.

I think that's the nitro start (on a version of the f4.6). If you look on HPI's roto-start compatibility guide it shows it (nitro start) as not having a OWB part number. My roto start most definitely uses a OWB on the engine.

Just checked with the guide and it did state the OWB is on the engine. Not in the roto start.

Latest posts

Members online

Back