One way bearing issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlazinBenny

Why do my one way bearing only last a couple of sessions before I have to remove them and clean them. After two or three cleans they become usless and I have to get a new one. Does this happen to everyone ?

just a guess but are you using top fuel? only reason i ask is it has a really high oil content and i remember a thread a while back were someone had to do the same and it was even causing the one way to slip, other then that someone will post some help soon I'm sure!! and welcome to the forum my friend!!

I am not using a full synthetic fuel yet, trying to run off this sidewinder stuff. Someone did once suggest the fuel may be my problem, i will investigate this further. thanks for the welcome friend.

are you using a rotostart or pullstart because i have a one way bearing replacement kit for hpi engines that works with rotostarts and i loved it until i got my mach 26

well sidewinder fuel is a good fuel actually so I'm not sure thats your problem then, well anyway I'm sure someone here will have the right answer for you "they usually do!" lol

I run sidewinder almost exclusively. It most likely isn't you problem. My bashin' buddy had the same problem as you for quite a while - as a matter of fact it lasted until he finally listened to me concerning his tuning habits...
WAY TOO RICH!!!
This may or may not be your problem, but is an easy a quick place to start! If it is excessively wet every time you take it apart, it is an indicator you are pushing raw, non-atomized fuel into it.​

to me it sounds like the back plate may be leaking, when i was running odonnells fuel ,the oil would leak down on to the one way and it would eventually trash it.i would replace the shaft and bearing at the same time.JMO

i have one the one way bearing eliminator kits just layin around if you want it, 20 buck and that will pay for shipping too if your interested, if you want more details just send me a pm, also i can post pics the thing is like new i only used is for one run and then got my new engine

Last edited by a moderator:
if my Bearing is wet when i pull the rota start plate off does this mean i'm running my car to rich? or could it be the seal that goes into the motor? i haven't even had 4Ltrs run through my car yet and the OWB is slipping really bad

Anyone???????????
I had another run with my car yesturday arvo and didnt even get a tank through it before the Bearing was slipping again.
When it does grab the car starts straight away.
Please help

What brand of fuel are you running? If it has a high oil content is will flood the bearing out.

Well I don't see 25%, but if its formulated to mimic traxxas fuel, there is a good chance it's running around 15% oil which will cause the problems your experiencing.

I have no idea whats available over there. Maybe list some of the most popular you see in hobby shops. Over here Byrons, Odonells, Sidewinder, Monster Horsepower are a few just off the top of my head.

Ill have a look later today.
Is 11% oil good? or should i see if there is less?
would running 30% nitro be any better?
sorry for all the newb questions

Members online

Back