***Official Savage Owner...again***

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moflip78

Finally got me a Savage! :wiggle:...it's a Savage .25 and pretty much stock. Paid $130 for it locally...looks like the guy didn't really work on it much. He seems like the type that had LHS tune it for him. I say that only because he wasnt sure what the spur gear was. The truck itself seem to be in 90% shape...just the body is beat up...roll bar slightly bent and gas tank leaking. And I got 4 shocks that look to me like big bore shox...spur gear and clutch bell...rotostarter. Oh and 3/4 gallon of fuel...

Fuel was last used two years ago...will it still be good? Or will it explode? Hehe he stored it in garage.

So watch out y'all I be askin away soon lolView attachment 4249View attachment 4249

Cool nice find with a lil clean up and tuning it will be a nice starting point. The fuel I'm not to sure of I've never had any last that long Lol I'd try it worst it can do is run like crap. Then need taken out of tank and fuel lines then fresh gas put in ..post pics? Love seeing what ppl score

What's a decent engine to get for the savage anyway...I don't race but I wana be able to beat other people's trucks at bash sessions :)

Years ago I had a picco 26 outlaw in my old savage...

Thanks fellas, yea I think I'm gona need a motor for this savage :( haven't tested it yet because no gas tank but the roto starter just spins without turning the flywheel....and I took off motor and the flywheel couldn't be turned by hand hehe the guy was serious when he said he didn't use it for 3 years lol

One way bearing? I dunno smh ... But I'm still happy I got my savage.

Lesson to be learned here, always use some after-run oil in the mill. Especially when it will sit for a while. :)

Congrats on the great purchase!

Thanks Maximus! That's a good idea... I don't know squat about rebuilding engines but this might be the time to learn :)

Good point X...some people don't think much about it...also another lesson is to check everything before buying especially locally...I got excited when I saw the savage I had to take it home...

So now I'm looking for even a used motor just to run the savvy...he told me he needs to jump around hehehe

As a word of caution. Unless they can prove to you that the mill runs well, then you might run into this same issue again if you buy used. Unless you know the seller.

You know you want your savy to bash like a champ, give her a pretty new mill. :) I see alot of LRP Z.28R on sites brand new for about $160-170.

usually the engine is gummed up from fuel being left in the system, take it down and clean well with some of that old fuel, put it back together and try turning it over , I once found an HPI .15 engine in a pile of dirt while cleaning out a U Haul truck, It was frozen solid I soaked it in some fuel awhile and got it freed up I even started it while not in a car and it fired rite up, it now lives in my buddys rc10gt and that was about 10 years ago and she still runs well. as far as after run oil I never use it, when I'm done with my rig I run all the fuel outta the system start the engine till it wont run no more, then squirt some wd40 inside the carb and rotate it over a few times , then put it away, I never have gummed up engines any longer...

Don't be afraid to get into the motor it's pretty easy to do just remember to use thread lock when putting it back together. ..and if you need any help hit me up through a text and I can walk you through it. . Just text and tell me who you are 602 715 7094.

Latest posts

Members online

Back