Novarossi Rex legend 28-8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkd09

Has anyone here tried this engine in xl? Just want to hear feedback before dropping it, would it be a good choice? I supposed to get Lrp but they are out of stock and bought the nova instead, any input is really appreciated, thanks..

Nova is king. I would definitely go for nova over LRP, no questions asked. I really don't understand the hype around LRP engines. LRP makes their engines in Golden Horizon factiry in Taiwan where HPI and SH are also manufacturered. Their engine design is identical to SH.28. LRP merely has a front office in Germany to give it a European edge...

Nova brother!!!

There are a lot of versions of the lrp 28
3 port, 5 Port, 6 port and 8 port
The 8 port is a very good engine,
The 6 port is no slouch either, had an xtm 457 back in the day which is an sh 6 port rebadged,
Fantastic little engine that revs very well,
For the price they are excellent,

The lrp 3 port aren't worth touching,

I have the Nova Legend 28-8 in my last XXL it is awesome. Lots of torque and screams in the top

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180724-130410.png
    Screenshot_20180724-130410.png
    339.7 KB · Views: 6
Thanks guys, now I’m excited to install it my xl..??

Definitely a nice engine. Probably lower end on Nova's line up. Bonito, Roma, 5, and 7 would all smoke it.
Tunes nicely though and seems to run smoother and harder than the LRP 32 IMO.

Don't know how it is modded though...I'd definitely try it stock first to see how you like. Good value for the money still...I'm sure you'll love it. Let us know how you do with it

BTW, what pipe are you going to run with it. Assuming it uses a high speed pipe. I'd recommend the following in orderL
1. Nova 9886
2. OFNA 0886
3. Dynamite 086 (although Dynamite vs does better on OS/Werks/REDS
4. Werk 2058
5. REDs 2014

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your experience with nova engine, actually this is my 2nd 28-8, I have one in my xxl that still hasn’t fully broke in yet due to lack of time the past days, during my first 5 tanks on it, I can already feel the power and smooth throttle response, I’ve been thinking of the nova 9886 pipe to pair with it in my xl but don’t know what header to get that will fit, maybe you can give me some recommendations, thanks..

I’ve been thinking of the nova 9886 pipe to pair with it in my xl but don’t know what header to get that will fit, maybe you can give me some recommendations, thanks..

For the 9886 you would want either the 41001 or the 41021 header.

Please know I don't have hella experience with that Legend, so if you already have a high-speed pipe than consider a mid-range or even a torque as it's best to have options IMO to see what works best. I imagine you guys all know this but you have to pair the pipe with the engines RPMs, and there is a short window. A HS pipe won't give a torque engine more RPM and vice-versa. However, for better or worse I stopped listening to manufacturers recommendations years ago. While they are usually correct on the recommendations, it's not a given. Thus I try all types of pipes on all types of engines...and just roll with what I see working best. As an example, I truly dig the 2058 on the B5 and the 2013 on the B6 (which is the opposite of the pipe's designs...but it works for me).

Last edited:
I have a few dynamite HS,HT and mid range pipe, I’m going to experiment which one will work best for my style of driving, the one I have it on my xxl is stock Losi HT pipe and header since I’m still on break in stage,after that I will try the nova 9886 pipe and 41017 manifold, I want a little torque with descent top end as I’m not doing speed runs all the time. Looking to finish setting up my savage xl soon and start the break in, thanks for your help, I really appreciate it, ???

Latest posts

Members online

Back