Not the last mid tank setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK people, the desicion was made not to strip and reanodize everything because of cost. So I decided to finish this truck.

Below are some pictures of where it sits as of this morning. I couldn't get it all done yesturday, but its coming along.

Enjoy

IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1771.jpg

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1774.jpg

truck looks good and i think its a good idea to skip the ano. not like your gonna really see much if it.

Nice pics!

Gives me some motivation to get out to the garage and finish mine rockout Thats if the kido's allow LoL

Are you going to flip the steering servo around or get a longer linkage? Is there an advantage to running like that?

That looks just like jeffs midtank setup.. WOW Great Job.

That does kinda look like my setup, and also similar to how yours was. Thats odd, lol.
Looks good bob. Keep wrenching, and get that finished.

Nice pics!

Gives me some motivation to get out to the garage and finish mine rockout Thats if the kido's allow LoL

Are you going to flip the steering servo around or get a longer linkage? Is there an advantage to running like that?

I will show you in a quick video. If you go to your LHS and get a DUBRO RACING KIT #2266 and a piece of 6/32 rod stock you will be able to make what I did. It is heavy duty and allows it to move freely without binding. The other reason I flipped it around is the angle of the short shaft I didn't like. I will be posting some pictures below.

Linkage setup:

You can see there is a pretty sharp angle. The dubro kit is mad for planes and is heavy duty. I has brass ball ends and also has this tappered piece that allows for more angle with no binding.

IMG_1782.jpg

IMG_1777.jpg

Let me know if you need more info.

Great tip bud! :resp:

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately my LHS is not that great :( I'll see what the have though.

I have the Baja link right now, gonna see if that will work. If not I'll defently give your way a shot :)

After a week of being outof town I got to work on it yeturday evening and this is where it stands. Pay close attention to the modified reciever box to accept a switch with charge jack.

IMG_1783.jpg

IMG_1784.jpg

IMG_1785.jpg

IMG_1786.jpg

IMG_1787.jpg

IMG_1788.jpg

IMG_1789.jpg

great looking build, this is gonna look exactly like the build I'm gonna be starting shortly, with a few small difference. yours looks great tho! sorry in advance for building a twin, it was unintentional. lol

No problem on the copy. It doesn't bother me. As long as you are happy that all that matters.

I would post links to all the stuff like freddy asked but i will be busy today running around.

Bob

unintentional copy. lol i will be happy for sure ive had an flm build in the past and it was great. a little heavy but i never had issues with durability.

bob lengthen that brake shaft that goes to the cam and put a bend in it toward the back of the truck youll bigtime increase braking power and shorten the throw.

flm is a great build. I'm going to do my frist one, I'm just waiting on parts. dam it take to long to ship but its worth it!

My midtank setup is officially finished. I just have to dye the wheels black and call it a day.

I added an Jammin JP4 pipe to the LRP motor. Had to use a Team Assiciated Header and redrilled it to fit.

The fuel lines are nice and neat. The fuel filter is run in between the fuel line mounts on the tank. It is a clean setup.

IMG_1790.jpg

IMG_1791.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

IMG_1797.jpg

IMG_1798.jpg

IMG_1799.jpg

IMG_1800.jpg

IMG_1801.jpg

Looks real nice bob. Cant wait to spank it with the flux, and watch you convert it t[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]o bl, lol. Maybe the lrp will stick around a little longer than the 5.9

no doubt, sweet build.

glad to see you using the silver-meaty washers; which ones did you use?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back