Not the last mid tank setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRKSTL

All,

Well I was breaking in my new truck with Triple Six on Tuesday evening. It turns out I have a mid tank lean issue, broke a front upper adjustable arm, bent the screw in my shock tower, trans don't shift at all. The trans is the least of my problems.

It looks like my FLM mid Tank setup will be going in rather quickly. I plan on having some custom anodizing done. Today I was mocking up the tank, on the chasis and drilling and tapping new holes before i send the parts out for ano.

I plan on using:

FML extended setup
D8T tank with clunck
Rustler reciever box, with on/off switch, and charging jack.
Not sure where I am going to exactly put this, but I have a few ideas.

I will have a few parts for sale after this so if anyone wants anything feel free to drop me a PM.

Here are some pictures of the mock up.

IMG_1709.jpg

Mid tank lean? Tranny not shifting? Ive never had those issues with the flux.......:Mr.confused:

:lmao:

Flm is looking nice.

id lo love to know the science behind that motor plate that sudi n00bed.

nice choice on parts so far bob. i like the "all in" tvp set up.

I got most of my ideas from Triple Six, he is the one who pointed things out because he has already done it on his.

Once I get everything done here, I will be looking into a Flux. Not sure yet if I will build one of buy one. What I do know is I have made up my mind after Triple six just plugged his right in and went. No extra crp to haul around, like fuel, roto start, I am sold. Just need cash.

What I do know is I have made up my mind after Triple six just plugged his right in and went. No extra crp to haul around, like fuel, roto start, I am sold. Just need cash.

Brushless electric claims yet another unsuspecting victim Muuahahahahahahahhaah!!!

Bob, seriously, with your skills it would waste of talent if you didnt build one. But, i hear you on the cash; part for part builds get expensive in a hurry.

OK, more pictures

These are my 22mm long studs. They have a female 3mm tapped hole on one side and a 3mm x 6mm long stud on the other. These are my tank studs. wait till the get anodizided.

IMG_1716.jpg

Tank mounted
IMG_1719.jpg

IMG_1718.jpg

IMG_1717.jpg

Side view
IMG_1720.jpg

IMG_1721.jpg

IMG_1723.jpg

Tank in place, and reciever box mocked up and battery so you guys get an idea.

IMG_1724.jpg

IMG_1725.jpg

IMG_1726.jpg

The stand offs or studs are MCmaster card number: 98952A061

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you checked the fit of the rx box with the tranny in? May want to check that just to make sure. Looking good though.

Looks like another sweet build is in the works..

YOU QUESTIONING MY ABILITIES!!!!!!!!

Here it is with the trans in, a litttle tight, nothing crazy.

IMG_1735.jpg

IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

This is taken after 2 sec with a 3M scuff pad.

IMG_1739.jpg

IMG_1738.jpg

It fits in there a little loose now. I can also take a little off the corner of the tranny case if i wanted to. Only thing i removed was the screw hole for that would mount this box to the traxxas chassis.

Whoa......easy tough guy. Just askin if you checked before you got too far along. Guess Ill just keep my thoughts to myself, lol.

Lol. Tell you what, finish your build, tune your motor, adjust the three speed, charge your rx batt, charge your roto start bat, get some more nitro, and maybe a new glo plug.

Ill charge my lipos, and we can go bash, and talk trash, lol

All my aluminum is out for Anodizing, in the mean time here is the new mill. The new pipe I will be running is a JP-4. I also have picked up a set of Max Life Clutch shoes. I baught the tiger drive for this motor, but I am debating puting it in.

IMG_1746.jpg

IMG_1745.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

:dunno: you were just saying in shout 2 days ago you were gonna run the k5.9 till it died. you hit a scratch ticket or something? nice mill choice.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back