No rear wheel drive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinmuff

I was driving my truck around, and then i noticed i was going a lot slower. When i hold the truck in the air, the rear and front tires spin, but when its on the ground, the rear does not. I think for some reason, the rear tires wont spin when there is resistance against them. I took apart the rear differential because that is the only thing i can see being the problem, the dogbone going to the diff even spins when resistance is applied. Anyway, i couldnt find anything wrong. Anyone got a clue?

check to see if the grub-screw in your rear-diff cup worked itself loose and fell out. its a common occurrence.

iopen up the diff and the gears are most likly granded
He said he already looked in the diff.

I would check the to make sure that the whole rear differential is in tact. Do this by removing the whole rear and turning the cup by hand. If the wheels move then its likely a problem in the tranny. If you turn it but the wheels don't move, inspect the whole differential in the rear.

i have had a grub screw come out the wheel dogbones and do it too! check your wheel pins and make sure one didn't break maybe?? just a thought

Last edited by a moderator:
i had the same problem the other day i found the grub screw where the brake discs are had completly come out i had no drive luckley the centre skid plate stopped me from losing it.

001.jpg

004.jpg

thats my diff... anything wrong?

Look inside the diff cup and make sure the gears are still good. If everything is good, try checking your slipper.

Members online

Back